some girls wander...

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Unequivocally, I get the "SGWBM" part. Singing it to myself, poorly, while folding pants (also poorly).

The girls are the women who try to connect with the man who is going through this learning/carving/feeding process. When he's in the asylum, carving off what doesn't belong and making a general mess of things, there will be women who couple with him. A reflection on why things didn't/couldn't work out...some girls wander by mistake into the mess that scalpels make.

I think the reference from Eldritch echoes this, lamenting lost love and explaining it with the conviction that our hero is a whirling mess, though not without purpose, if not a destination.

It is, ultimately, a song about honest and painful efforts, falling short of becoming who you sought out to be, and the futility of even the bravest journey.

I win. :D
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

...holy schnit
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.