Valentine

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Cancer for my education
Watch the body hit the files

Always wondered about this bit.

Being non-english doesn't help.

Any suggestions?

Indeed.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
mh
Above the Chemist

Indeed!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

He's only gone and donated his body for medical research!

Srsly though, is the narrator solely experiencing mortality through the lottery of cancer (as we're rather divorced from death - and birth for that matter - in the first world). Lesson unlearned he goes on to become just another statistic.

*my standard waiver applies in that I tend to treat the vocal as another melody line so I'm not very well versed in lyrical analysis (ahem)*
I think we've been in here too long. I feel unusual. I think we should go outside.
James Blast
Banned

ehm.... can I get back?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy

nope.

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

Get down on it?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Above the Chemist

James Blast wrote:Get down on it?
:) Surely better than waiting ...

Cancer for my education
Watch the body hit the files

The aforementioned suicide and its circumstances as much as the obvious state of affairs for countless human beings contradict and erode
the values the author was introduced to by education, and in which he
believes. Now another single person falls like a drop from a cloud and there is merely a body registered ... committing suicide nullifies the societal value and recognition of a person on part of the authorities and their subjects ...

And further on:
In this ongoing destruction the author - and the people mentioned in the second part - are waiting for the next war to come
- and again for the announcement/confirmation of the love promised by their cultural background and education as a reward for their participation or non-participation, respectively, thus making themselves possibly next in the line ...
Izzy HaveMercy

Ah. ;D

IZ.
Izzy HaveMercy

Oh, and thanks! :D

IZ.