Possession

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

My favourite song on FALAA; I just found out about this 1981 film starring :von: 's beloved Isabelle Adjani
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

H. Blackrose wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 20:47 My favourite song on FALAA; I just found out about this 1981 film starring :von: 's beloved Isabelle Adjani
it a good film isnt it.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I have been listening to this song a ton...long story... but is there truly no dissection, either here or on 1959??

There could be an entire website devoted to this song alone.

I think it is entirely possible that each line has a minimum of two meanings, each non-static and evolving. It’s just a 4 dimensional masterpiece.

I was appreciated “see yourself inside” and wanted to hear what others thought.

Am I missing something? Did we all agree to never attempt to break this down, knowing it would be impossible to do the lyrics justoce?
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

No need. Just about everyone knows it's about a perfume famous for its patchouli oil content = goth smellies

Eta: that's why it's taking over. Famously the band rarely changed their clothing
Goths have feelings too