the case of stephen morrissey versus andrew eldritch

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
James Blast
Banned

flange
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

:eek:

you mean that's a goff thing!?!?
Silver_Owl
The Don

James Blast wrote:flange
wikipedia wrote:The development of the classic "flanging" effect is generally attributed to Ken Townsend, an engineer at EMI's Abbey Road Studio, who devised the process in the spring of 1966. Tired of the laborious process of re-recording dual vocal tracks, John Lennon asked Townsend if there was some way for the Beatles to get the sound of double-tracked vocals without actually doing the work. After mulling the problem over, Townsend devised Artificial Double Tracking or "ADT." According to historian Mark Lewisohn, it was Lennon who actually gave the process the name "flanging." Lennon asked Beatles producer George Martin to explain how ADT worked, and Martin answered with the nonsense explanation, "Now listen, it's very simple. We take the original image and we split it through a double-bifurcated sploshing flange with double negative feedback."[1] From that point on, whenever Lennon wanted a Beatles song double-tracked, he would ask for "Ken's flanger". According to Lewisohn, "The Beatles' influence was so vast that the term "flanging" is still in use today, more than 20 years on." The first Beatles track to feature flanging was "Tomorrow Never Knows" from Revolver, which was recorded on April 6, 1966. When Revolver was completed and released on August 5, 1966, almost every song on the album had been subjected to flanging.[2]
Did you know that? :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Memphis Rich
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

the flange was first developed by God
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
James Blast
Banned

if you say so
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Memphis Rich
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Just kidding, I'm agnostic, but I didn't invent it.
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
BeeBeeOh
Amphetamine Filth

originalgoth wrote:Both of them are so good at putting interviewers in their place in their own subtle way (well, maybe not so subtle).

Both are masters of the English language when it comes to synicism & whit.

Both write great songs that are sometimes hard to figure out but sometimes don't need to be thought about.

Personally, I can't choose one over the other as to who is the better entertainer so I don't think of them in that regard.

To me they're both great and are 2 of my favourite singer/songwriters.
What (s)he said. :notworthy:
I have just as much of a dark side as the next person.