Body Electric

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

The line is "I sit on the floor, so she walks on the ceiling'.

That is grammatically correct, someone just made up the 'acid' line to create ambiguity.

There. 90 percent of Von's mumblings explained in one go.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

Quality Ivan!, maybe you are the world's greatest living Belgian efter aw? :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
paul
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:The line is "I sit on the floor, so she walks on the ceiling'.

That is grammatically correct, someone just made up the 'acid' line to create ambiguity.

There. 90 percent of Von's mumblings explained in one go.

IZ.

mmm, I like the "acid" version better, since it is in my system for so many years now :lol:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Especially since "acid" is the right lyric. :lol:
James Blast
Banned

"it's all such a dreary fiction"...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Dark wrote:Especially since "acid" is the right lyric. :lol:
Yup, that's what it says in Postacrds.
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

robertzombie wrote:What's that lyric in the Portastudio Demo?

At first I thought it was "and the people in the houses of the holy say nothing at all" which lead me to introduce a lyric from Led Zeppelin's Houses Of The Holy into The Mumbles' version but now I hear "and the people in the house of their god say nothing at all"

:?:
"and the people with their houses and their gods know nothing at all"

pro'lly referring the all the people who are "well off" who are completely oblivious to what drugs in dancings was doing to the yought and homeless people..

in many parts, "the body electric" can be seen as a sinonym for drugs..
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
mh
Above the Chemist

I don't have a linky for it at the mo, but there was an interview from 82 where Von makes reference to the "acid on the floor" line, discusses his liking for being physically out of it, and mentions how some mornings he wakes up and looks at the wall and doesn't know if it's the wall or the ceiling.

So my take is that BE is actually about the aftereffects of a Top Nite Out.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.