"While we're waiting for the next one to arrive!"

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

canon docre wrote:
James Blast wrote:why does the version I listened to have no vocals?

try this one, Sir James:
http://mcallister-productions.com/music ... %20Men.mp3
Bloody hell, that is good. :eek: :notworthy:
анархия
James Blast
Banned

smiscandlon wrote:Bloody hell, that is good. :eek: :notworthy:
about time there was some 'musical talent' on HL :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
robertzombie
Overbomber

mcalldp wrote:ahhh gotcha, yea it was on purpose with this take but might be a bit much I'm sure. But I'll try something different next time :-)

Got the latest version of Summer up for scrutinizing:

http://www.mcallister-productions.com/music/Summer.mp3
The drums could be a tad more thumpy :D
James Blast
Banned

robertzombie wrote:The drums could be a tad more thumpy :D
Next!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:Bloody hell, that is good. :eek: :notworthy:
about time there was some 'musical talent' on HL :innocent:
mcalldp
Road Kill

well let me humiliate myself by posting something of much worse quality then ;-)

Might be a couple weeks before I get to start on the collaboration and I had a little itme so threw together a quick mix of summer. I wanted to use it to help me work out bugs on the new computer, only problem is I have NO way to mix it, just a cheap pair of headphones here so no clue how the levels are on anything.

The vocals are a bit out of my range but I didn't do anything fancy with them, did add the word "Always" to the lyrics. Needs lots of practice and tightening, (love the song but only 3rd time ever singing it ;-p)but any mix help and suggestions on any samples that sound crap etc...more than welcome.

Scratch Track is here:

http://www.mcallister-productions.com/m ... lister.mp3
James Blast
Banned

Drop the kybds way back in the mix and get some Big Fuck Off! guitars (especially bass) in there.

Thank you. :D
~ Peter Steele
mcalldp
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:Drop the kybds way back in the mix and get some Big Fuck Off! guitars (especially bass) in there.

Thank you. :D
Thanks so much James. Keys back, guitar and bass forward. Glad you said something, All I can hear in these cheap headphones is the bass.
Vocals fine at the same level?

I looked around for the same drum samples the sisters use but couldn't find them seems like they should be easy to get, off an old boss machine anyway :-(
James Blast
Banned

Vox Humana is more than fine, stick with it please mcalldp :notworthy:
~ Peter Steele
mcalldp
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:Vox Humana is more than fine, stick with it please mcalldp :notworthy:
Just curious, what are you listening on? I've got to get some mixing speakers soon......
James Blast
Banned

mcalldp wrote:
James Blast wrote:Vox Humana is more than fine, stick with it please mcalldp :notworthy:
Just curious, what are you listening on? I've got to get some mixing speakers soon......
a BFO! Yamaha amp with a pair of Goodmans Mezzo SL speakers I bought way back in 1973. I do like my bass well heavy! :D
~ Peter Steele
aims
Overbomber

mcalldp wrote:
They're called "Studio Monitors". Don't go for what would appear to be great entertainment soundcard/speakers, because they're designed to sound good, rather than accurate. An decent entry level pair will set you back £100-200. It does seem a bit steep, but it's worth waiting for, rather than wasting £80 on an apparently reasonably priced but sub-par pair.

I of course can't talk, since I inherited a pair of Maudant-Short's from dad which set me back a grand total of nothing :innocent:
mcalldp
Road Kill

Yea, my other stuff I usually have to mix somewhere else but need to get it all working at home. Anyway, took your advice, couldn't hear the changes I made very well so just kind of threw the faders around to get more bass and guitar , same link- let me know what you think:

All I can hear is bass now :-|
thanks again,.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

They even LOOK good ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
mcalldp
Road Kill

Ouch, looking to add these and a new soundcard (This new turtle beach Montego is crap all) in the near future but probably moe like a $200 pair. I've got an amp in My Yamaha EMX5000 mixer to power them so i don't have to go active.......Actually looking at something more in this ballpark:
http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i- ... 05_90.html
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Is it time for an "What hi-fi equipment have you got" thread? AKA "Currently using to listen"...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
lachert
Overbomber

mcalldp wrote:Yea, my other stuff I usually have to mix somewhere else but need to get it all working at home. Anyway, took your advice, couldn't hear the changes I made very well so just kind of threw the faders around to get more bass and guitar , same link- let me know what you think:

All I can hear is bass now :-|
thanks again,.
me like it! :D
long live rock'n'roll
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

markfiend wrote:Is it time for an "What hi-fi equipment have you got" thread? AKA "Currently using to listen"...
AKA a showoff thread :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
kazamel
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote: Image
what about releasing it as The Eldre's Sisters? we've only got AE left as an original member and inspirer and let's face, he's become older :wink:
sounds like a cute name for a Girls cover band
I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects.
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

Just for the record, my Still cover is still bubbling along, and now exists in several noisy demo versions. Sadly my coconspirator's copy of Protools upped and died when he upgraded his mac OS, so he's had to wait for several weeks while the Pro Tools fairy sends him an upgrade overhaul kit thingy.

Sounds funky dunky.
Do I drive or am I driven?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Anyone fancy doing a version of Jolene with the Indeed lyrics? :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
aims
Overbomber

Indeed :von::lol:

That's fsckin' genius, mark :notworthy:
Badlander
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Anyone fancy doing a version of Jolene with the Indeed lyrics? :innocent:
This is fanfucktastic ! :lol: :notworthy: 8)
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

let's record the vocals for this one divided and someone will then mix them into one track
which tempo will be chosen?

PS i think the drunk choir for Gimme Shelter will be perfect, too :D