"While we're waiting for the next one to arrive!"

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Is it time for an "What hi-fi equipment have you got" thread? AKA "Currently using to listen"...
We've already done that a while ago if I remember correct. A total show-off. 8) :wink:

Status on Summer: Currently on hold. I've got too much on my hands right now.. maybe I post a litle snippet soon though... a teaser sort of.
davedecay

here's a preview of the new 7-inch single:

Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

That's just cruel.

Go away and stop poking us with your stick . . .
Do I drive or am I driven?
RetroGoth
Amphetamine Filth

For me, it's a pity this project (or whatever you want to call it) wasn't started a couple of years ago when my health was better than it is now. Can't keep hold of the bass or a guitar for longer than a couple of minutes these days. Ah well, no use crying over spilt milk. An electric twelve-string makes a nice ornament these days! Vocals might be possible from yours truely (ala Porl King from Rosetta Stone) if my nerves don't get the better of me. Just hope the final product HL folk do isn't of the same 'standard' as what was put out by Cleopatra records tribute offerings.

"Bastard Sons Of Eldritch" could be a name to use. Weren't TSOM once described as the bastard sons of Led Zepplin or something? Or am I just being silly. Again.

Little interludes could be added between tracks with some of the more amusing quotes from von, such as "We are the light at the end of your sorry little tunnel" and the like, with or without little musical excerpts.
On the other hand, the brain of an idiot seldom weighs more than 23oz - Gray's Anatomy
mcalldp
Road Kill

Any movement on this? Seems we should have a few songs nearing completion. I've got a version of Summer that just needs a bit of mixing (already posted) am supposed to be working on Summer with someone else but no contact yet, also available to collab with anyone else ...would love to sing we are the same or help program on it, anyone?
~sHiNe oN~
Syberberg

The Hated Reign have finished recording Crash and Burn.

Iz, how would you like me to deliver the finished article?
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
mcalldp
Road Kill

Syberberg wrote:The Hated Reign have finished recording Crash and Burn.

got a link to it online as MP3? I want to hear it :-)

I still have mine up but I may need to get someone to help in mixing it as I won't have studio monitors for some time and the current mix is iffy at best :-|
~sHiNe oN~
Mish
Road Kill

mcalldp wrote:Any movement on this? Seems we should have a few songs nearing completion. I've got a version of Summer that just needs a bit of mixing (already posted) am supposed to be working on Summer with someone else but no contact yet, also available to collab with anyone else ...would love to sing we are the same or help program on it, anyone?
I've been fiddling with Snubnose, but haven't managed to get a decent guitar sound recorded yet unfortunately (ie, any other than a fizzy mess).

Maybe this weekend..

Bryan
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Syberberg wrote:The Hated Reign have finished recording Crash and Burn.

If possible, send the WAV by means of YouSendIt or such thing (YSI preferred above s**t or s**t any time ;) ). I have not much server-room for the moment...

And send me the linky they provide you by PM or by mail.

Looking forward to it! ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
hallucienate
Overbomber

May I propose that as songs are put on-line someone links them to the original post for this thread? I can't be arsed to search through 11 pages...
robertzombie
Overbomber

We will be recording a very rough demo of Susanne on the weekend. And then it'll be making its way to our new bass player and she will figure out some bass.

expect it to be all finished by the end of the month :d
mcalldp
Road Kill

hallucienate wrote:May I propose that as songs are put on-line someone links them to the original post for this thread? I can't be arsed to search through 11 pages...
Agreed, I would like the original post to hold the links to all songs.
Here is mine to add to the first post, though a new mix will probably be done I'll keep the same link/location:
http://www.mcallister-productions.com/music/Summer.mp3

Anyone need vocals on anything?
Syberberg

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:If possible, send the WAV by means of YouSendIt or such thing (YSI preferred above s**t or s**t any time ;) ). I have not much server-room for the moment...

And send me the linky they provide you by PM or by mail.

Looking forward to it! ;D

IZ.
No worries, I'll get that sorted then.
hallucienate wrote:May I propose that as songs are put on-line someone links them to the original post for this thread? I can't be arsed to search through 11 pages...
Good suggestion.
Izzy HaveMercy

Just send a PM to MH with the linky to the MP3, he's the one that started the thread...

IZ.
mh
Above the Chemist

Yup, I'm about to start on it now.

Can everyone who has something so far PM me with the linky to the MP3 as Izzy suggests, and I'll update the first post.

:notworthy:

Edit: Summer already done.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
mcalldp
Road Kill

Alright, guitar,vocals, programming available from me if anyone wants to collab on anything.
Also wouldn't mind getting someone to give a better mix to my Summer version. With my new system I'm not set up to master at all.

Anyone?
~sHiNe oN~
Syberberg

mcalldp wrote:Alright, guitar,vocals, programming available from me if anyone wants to collab on anything.
Also wouldn't mind getting someone to give a better mix to my Summer version. With my new system I'm not set up to master at all.

Anyone?
You've got some good ideas going on there. To save cluttering up the thread, give me a PM and I'll see what I can help you with. First question, what software are you using?
robertzombie
Overbomber

mh wrote: Susanne: The Mumbles
We'll also be attempting a mumblised version of Crash & Burn... mp3 coming soon :von:
robertzombie
Overbomber

Here it is, it's quite different from the original, tell me what you lot think, the vocals need to be louder, yes?

The Mumbles - Crash And Burn
http://www.freewebs.com/themumblesoffic ... scbmp3.mp3
^^ c&p into address bar.
Last edited by robertzombie on 14 Oct 2006, 18:10, edited 5 times in total.
aims
Overbomber

Erm, robert, that just redirects to this thread. Check what you've got on the clipboard before pasting to tinyurl :lol:
James Blast
Banned

Motz wrote:Erm, robert, that just redirects to this thread. Check what you've got on the clipboard before pasting to tinyurl :lol:
Yup! same here :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
robertzombie
Overbomber

Open Windows Media Player, go File>Open URL>paste link :)
Nic
Slight Overbomber

Or just right click the link and choose "save as".
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Izzy HaveMercy

The first track has been driven through the IZ Mangler ;D

Currently YouSendIt-ing to Syberberg, expect a PM in half an hour or so... :)

Very nice version he did too, a treat to work with!

IZ.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Did anyone get to listen to C&B? or isn't it working?