"While we're waiting for the next one to arrive!"

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Ahráyeph wrote:Done. Made 'em sound a bit better too while I was at it. Sorry, couldn't help myself ;D. So where do we go from here? Do I upload the WAV file (16 Bit, 44.1kHz) to my Dropload account where mh - or whoever needs it - can pick it up?
Yeap, a WAV 16 or 24 bit is preferred (16 is good enough), send it to me with YouSendIt or another means. You can PM me for the email address...

I will do the general mastering of all different tracks in the end, but when I hear what YOU can do, maybe a collaboration on that front is in order! ;D

IZ.
The PM is under way. A collaboration sounds like a great idea...
Mish
Road Kill

Ahráyeph wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Ahráyeph wrote:Done. Made 'em sound a bit better too while I was at it. Sorry, couldn't help myself ;D. So where do we go from here? Do I upload the WAV file (16 Bit, 44.1kHz) to my Dropload account where mh - or whoever needs it - can pick it up?
Yeap, a WAV 16 or 24 bit is preferred (16 is good enough), send it to me with YouSendIt or another means. You can PM me for the email address...

I will do the general mastering of all different tracks in the end, but when I hear what YOU can do, maybe a collaboration on that front is in order! ;D

IZ.
The PM is under way. A collaboration sounds like a great idea...
That's a brilliant sounding mix - well done! The guitars sound massive.

Bryan
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Nice job on Summer Ahrayeph...

Someone did a wonderful instrumental of Slept a while back... where is that one?

Looking forward to more of this.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
hallucienate
Overbomber

bismarck wrote:Nice job on Summer Ahrayeph...

Someone did a wonderful instrumental of Slept a while back... where is that one?

Looking forward to more of this.
I got it somewhere, need me to mail it to you?
mh
Above the Chemist

Me too if Hal can't find it.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

stick it in the mix Lucien, go on...

... this is a community thing ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Well, I'm glad to see things livening up here again. The more the merrier I say :)...
James Blast
Banned

Ahráyeph wrote:Well, I'm glad to see things livening up here again. The more the merrier I say :)...
Revr'nd Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
bismarck

yeah just post a link on here and hopefully it can be added to the first post of this thread. it was pretty good if i recall, but needed vocals. maybe madcap (right name?) (with the mask avatar) can lend his talents? But post it by all means here...
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
hallucienate
Overbomber

Here's the original link: http://www.tctc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/tunes/Slept.mp3

It's posted somewhere on this page
bismarck

Thanks Lucien,
That's the one. I think it should be added to the first post of this thread, as it's pretty much the same type of thing. And can mcalldp (aka madcap in my previous post) add vocals?
Otto
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

bismarck wrote:Thanks Lucien,
That's the one. I think it should be added to the first post of this thread, as it's pretty much the same type of thing. And can mcalldp (aka madcap in my previous post) add vocals?
Otto
Of course he can ;) Hop to it, young man! ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
mh
Above the Chemist

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Otto

IZ.
Linky added. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
bismarck

mh wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Otto

IZ.

Cool. The guy who did the Slept instrumental is called "nonesuch", so you can add his credit to post 1 if you want.
mh
Above the Chemist

bismarck wrote:
mh wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote: Of course he can ;) Hop to it, young man! ;D

IZ.

Cool. The guy who did the Slept instrumental is called "nonesuch", so you can add his credit to post 1 if you want.
Consider it done. :D
H. Blackrose

It now appears extremely unlikely that I will be able to finish my own version of "Summer" - and, considering the version that we already have is perfectly kick ass, I will gracefully bow out of this project. Unless, of course, anyone is still looking for a vocalist (imagine: a pissed-off Annie Lennox)?
robertzombie
Overbomber

If all goes according to plan we will be fixing C&B and recording Susanne this weekend :)
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Nice one!

Finally :twisted:

I took a stab at War On Drugs, but I need other drumsounds fer that one :|

...and more time ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
mh
Above the Chemist

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Nice one!

Finally :twisted:

I took a stab at War On Drugs, but I need other drumsounds fer that one :|

...and more time ;)

IZ.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Added to the list
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Ahráyeph, that's a pretty good version of Summer. It IS goff, but also Meatloaf. But hey, done well.
guns & cars & accidents
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:Ahráyeph, that's a pretty good version of Summer. It IS goff, but also Meatloaf. But hey, done well.
Meat Loaf? Sorry luv, vegetarian me. Fresh female meat excepted, of course :twisted:...
mcalldp
Road Kill

Eh, still available for vocals on something or guitar solo or whatever, just jab me if needed, I think I have PM's everyone that may be in need as well.

The recording I hear of Summer already has vocals though so that may be finished in which case I'm looking for a job on any other songs out there still in need :-)
mh
Above the Chemist

mcalldp wrote:Eh, still available for vocals on something or guitar solo or whatever, just jab me if needed, I think I have PM's everyone that may be in need as well.

The recording I hear of Summer already has vocals though so that may be finished in which case I'm looking for a job on any other songs out there still in need :-)
Why not grab Slept?

There's a great Romeo Down instrumental too (by none other than Quiffy if I remember correctly), and that song is still unclaimed, so if anyone has it....... :innocent:
robertzombie
Overbomber

I'd like to listen to that RD instrumental
James Blast
Banned

Get In! DonPaul, preach Sister, Preach! Image
~ Peter Steele