"While we're waiting for the next one to arrive!"

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Pista
Cureboi

Brad wrote: I thought this song would have been a good fit for the Sisters, especially the current line up.
I think there's a nice touch of FALAA peaking out from in there too
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Wiki wizard

Brad wrote:Yes, it has been a few years.

I have finally put together my own 'solo' album.

It contains some Sisters covers which were presented here awhile back and have now finally been completes per se.

Enjoy.

https://www.box.com/shared/jcpraptcue
Wonderful, thanks for posting ... :) :notworthy: ...

Just listened through it all the way. Your takes of Sisters songs are well done and quite inspiring ... :D ...

and there's for sure no reason to complain about any of the other songs in there ... :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
Steven Eloot
Road Kill

BRILLIANT !!! WELL DONE !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!
KEEP ON DOING THIS !!!

Kind regards
Steven, Belgium
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

After a twenty year wait, apparently the new TSOM album is now ready ..

http://www.violent-playground.net/forum ... -gary-marx

And, yes, I clicked the link on Monday :oops: :roll:
iesus
Overbomber

I know the end of this story... :roll:

When the time will come and the new album is going to be released, there will be many many people who will not believe it at all :lol: ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:Crook and Flail, is pretty good. I'd be interested to hear the version with lyrics (although I'm a bit scared of finding out what the title might mean!)
Why - are you hoping to steal it as the title of your next blockbuster novel ?
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
stufarq wrote:Crook and Flail, is pretty good. I'd be interested to hear the version with lyrics (although I'm a bit scared of finding out what the title might mean!)
Why - are you hoping to steal it as the title of your next blockbuster novel ?
Nice that you have that much faith in me.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

I posted something like that years ago on Dominion and still get harrassed occasionally for that. Dumb fucks.
Only the Americans could have built a place like this in the middle of a jungle.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Aazhyd wrote:I posted something like that years ago on Dominion and still get harrassed occasionally for that. Dumb fucks.
Harrassed for what?
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Sorry for the Necro, but I like reading this thread every now and then. it was the one that made me want to join heartland.
Is Robs version of come together alive anywhere? I'd love to hear it. All of the previous links are not actually active.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
randdebiel²

This is still ongoing, really?
And where are the badgers?
Cheers, just checking in due to the new tour :)
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Prescott

The Brothers of Tyranny have been reactivated just in time for a new Sisters SUMMER tour.

With appropriate timing they have updated their official site:

"UPDATE: ...made glorious Summer.

Now that the moribund relationship with West Side Records is over, we thought it would be fun to celebrate our freedom by
releasing a series of independent singles ...

... so we actually are.

The first of which is called ... SUMMER: "...because we're that kind of people."

SUMMER is performed live by The Sisters of Mercy, the lyrics were written by Andrew Eldritch,
the music was written by Adam Pearson.

It goes like a freight train, painted in the shiniest shades of yellow and blue,
crushing the permafrost of Scandinavian dance floors
and melting the ice that has accumulated on the hearts of bizzos for millennia.

We have even supplied a remix ... yet you will have to purchase your own Kleenex."

http://www.thebrothersoftyranny.com/home[i][/i]
"... because we're that kind of people."
Brad

Thought I'd give a bump. A few years ago I posted a link to my solo album which included several Sisters covers. Here it is again...

https://www.box.com/s/3fy82xj0ch2m0r3icvyi

Meanwhile, out of boredom/inspiration I've decided to record the remainder of unreleased Sisters songs as well. As those who know me can attest, expect obsessively faithful versions of the songs. Summer, Susanne and Come Together are already in the trenches...