The battle of Seattle

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

anybody you know?
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Francis
Overbomber

No doubt I'm gonna regret asking this, but what does WTO and GMO stand for?

WTO = World Trade Organisation right?

GMO = Genetically Modified ????

What's your point?
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Mrs. Snowey

Organism. I think.
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
James Blast
Banned

oats?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
rian
Slight Overbomber

Er????
I think someone set my soul alight
dead stars

Man, before you start bashing on Americans, let me say I know an American from "Sisters's world", he's on Dominion, no idea if he is here, but damn, I could picture him with that tattoo.
~dead stars still burn~
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Maybe I'm being thick, but is WTO not these guys?
http://www.wto.org/
James Blast
Banned

not thick at al [b[Zuma[/b] them's the chappies
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dan
Overbomber

Zuma wrote:Maybe I'm being thick, but is WTO not these guys?
http://www.wto.org/
Francis wrote:What's your point?
Erm I think you're missing the point! Among all the other stuff drawn on the guys back he's also drawn the Sisters logo. Take another look!
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

A bit more here, though I cannot vouch for the opinions from personal knowledge/experience - link passed for reference only.

http://www.openi.co.uk/99/oi991207.htm

Reading between the lines sounds like the WTO is backing GM to some degree plus growth hormones in beef etc. Sure George Wubya would be proud.....(feck - can't help commenting!)

"Popular demonstrations have value in alerting governments to opinion. That four environment ministers and all 15 trade ministers of European Union(EU) were reported to be openly critical of the EU's agreement to the biotech issues being discussed as a trade rather than an environmental or health problem issue, illustrates this point. The ministers were undoubtedly playing to the gallery. They were surely unaware of the full context of their negotiators' decision. There is value in getting this type of learning process over early. "
James Blast
Banned

welcome to the 21st century, Zuma!
~ Peter Steele
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Hardy har, was just trying to not be too earnest as well - think I'll give up on that.... :wink:
James Blast
Banned

Zuma wrote:Hardy har, was just trying to not be too earnest as well - think I'll give up on that.... :wink:
:roll:
~ Peter Steele
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

I'll buy a round and get me coat.... :lol:
James Blast
Banned

Cheers! :D
~ Peter Steele
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Oops, wrong coat.... :twisted: