robbie williams goes goffik?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i've just seen the video for the new robbie willaims single "radio" on one of those infernal mtv channels and during the intro & chorus he warbles and shouts in an overblown manner very similar to our very own herr eldritch! :o

and there's some VERY chameleons-like guitars chiming away in the background! :eek:

bizarre! :von: :notworthy:

(a pretty ropey song on the whole, mind :roll: )
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Andy TG
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:i've just seen the video for the new robbie willaims single "radio" on one of those infernal mtv channels and during the intro & chorus he warbles and shouts in an overblown manner very similar to our very own herr eldritch! :o

and there's some VERY chameleons-like guitars chiming away in the background! :eek:

@QB - Do you mind if I say that I think your a bit weird ;-)

Why are YOU even watching Robbie "Gis A Drink" Williams videos - I thought the recent Forum DVD would be on frequent rotation :D
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

AndyTheGoth wrote:I thought the recent Forum DVD would be on frequent rotation :D
don't have a copy :(

*sniff*

:innocent:
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

It's an awful song - a weird kind of new romantic pastiche, and doesn't seem to mean much. Let's hope it puts off some of those 14-year old girls from buying his records. Let the backlash commence...
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Andy TG
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
AndyTheGoth wrote:I thought the recent Forum DVD would be on frequent rotation :D

*sniff*

@ QB - If I could I would But I cant (at the moment - pre-upgrade) But I would if I could and I Will When I Can.

In the mean time a Celtic Soul Brother MAY be able to facilitate ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Andy TG wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:

*sniff*

@ QB - If I could I would But I cant (at the moment - pre-upgrade) But I would if I could and I Will When I Can.

In the mean time a Celtic Soul Brother MAY be able to facilitate ;-)
no worries - the mighty spiggy's hat hath provideth :notworthy:

BritneyJean
Road Kill

I’m shocked that Radio is so dire. But at least it keeps Stephen Duffy off the streets. Robbie’s musical output has been going downhill ever since he chose to leave what was a very going concern at the time.
Dreams of number one last forever
It's the only way to make you feel better
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Oh ffs..............
Only a paand.
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

no worries - the mighty spiggy's hat hath provideth :notworthy:

Thanks to the legend from Peterborough :notworthy: , I'm just a gratefull cog in the machine ;D
Give me one good reason
Rivers
Amphetamine Filth

I have always found it puzzling and annoying that people take this gurning, cabaret singing twerp seriously. 14 year old girls, I can understand why, but when the 'indie' crowd began to think he was cool, I thought the world had gone mad.
His new song is 's**t', almost as bad as the Girls Aloud new single. They don't even try these days do they?
And we are nothing but experience in the eyes of nature,
And we will live forever in the eyes of nature.
James Blast
Banned

Here, here Rivers! it's bad early Human League meets Soft Cell on a rainy Tuesday night in Romiley!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Rivers
Amphetamine Filth

Mr Blast, its not even that good :lol: Oasis fell under his spell for a while too, thats when they lost the plot. He's a pox on talent.
James Blast
Banned

has he ever been any good, that is the question?
take that! and party
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Rivers
Amphetamine Filth

No, a thousand times no. He's the 90s version of Donny Osmond or a Bay City Roller. Ok, some of his early songs had quality but were just plain slushy pop. The housewife's choice :!:
James Blast
Banned

tread boldly Sister...
~ Peter Steele
Mrs. Snowey

But he's very good for Christmas Office Parties - you know, the bit where the DJ suddenly feels the need for the close proximity of women of a certain age and temperament :lol:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
Mrs. Snowey

P.S. Shurely the topic should have been entitled: Robbie Williams Is Fick :lol:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
BritneyJean
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:has he ever been any good, that is the question?
VITAL CONSUMER INFORMATION

Songs
Take That: Pray, Back For Good, Everything Changes (Robbie on lead vocals!), Love Ain’t Here Anymore, Never Forget, Could It Be Magic (more Robbie on lead vocals!)
Solo: Eternity and Rock DJ

Albums
TT’s best album is Everything Changes.
Robbie Williams has not yet released an album that I want to buy. But I love the sinner and hate the sin.
Dreams of number one last forever
It's the only way to make you feel better
Debaser
Overbomber

Rivers wrote:He's the 90s version of a Bay City Roller.
You say that as if it's a bad thing.......blummin love the Rollers I does :x
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Rivers
Amphetamine Filth

Lots of eggs are broken but no omelette yet! The Rollers were of their time, and were mainly taken seriously by young girls. Most pop music these days is made to appeal to little girls.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Robbie Williams is just GREAT!

He does what he likes, give a horse's ass about media AND covers a great oldies song now and then.
What more to ask from a tattooed millionnaire? :D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

I'm loving angels, instead
instead of what?
~ Peter Steele
flowersdie
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:Here, here Rivers! it's bad early Human League meets Soft Cell on a rainy Tuesday night in Romiley!
That sounds quite good actually.

He's hateable for, amongst other things, the most smug looking album cover in the world evah, on 'I've Been Expecting You'. I know its 'meant' to look smug but, sheeesh, yuk.

Also he's a Port Vale fan that owns an executive box at Stamford Bridge ffs....off with his head!
I never saw you again
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Quiff Boy wrote:i've just seen the video for the new robbie willaims single "radio" on one of those infernal mtv channels and during the intro & chorus he warbles and shouts in an overblown manner very similar to our very own herr eldritch! :o

I read your post not having heard the song yet. I saw it had been on, but switched the channel quick. But after reading this, and next time I saw it was on, I forced myself to watch it. And indeed, I agree with you. Still not liking the song or the artist really though.
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

flowersdie wrote: Also he's a Port Vale fan that owns an executive box at Stamford Bridge ffs....off with his head!
Oops............. :lol: :lol:
Only a paand.