a bomb in farsley! evacuations!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

this is about 2 minutes drive down the hill from where me and lars live!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west ... 642896.stm
Unexploded bomb causes evacuation

Several hundred residents have been evacuated from their west Leeds homes after an 6ft long unexploded World War II bomb was discovered.
An Army bomb disposal team from Catterick was called in to deal with the device but had to call for reinforcements from Cambridge.

The area around Coal Hill Lane in Farsley has been closed and many people are spending the night elsewhere.

Police said it could be Friday morning before they can go home.

The device, said to look like a beer barrel, was found on a building site at 1115 BST on Thursday.

Police said the building site was evacuated and a decision was later taken to move the residents.

On Thursday evening people were taking suitcases with them to Stanningley Rugby Club in preparation for spending the night there.
just got back from dropping twinkle off at doomwolf's and i find out about this! blimey :eek: :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
wintermute
Amphetamine Filth

i wasn't aware that the yorkshire beer came in barrels with stubby little fins on one end, a pointy tip on the other and vorsprung durch technic stencilled on the side.

theakstons old peculiar indeed
then he takes your hand in some strange californian handshake and breaks the bone
Lars Svensson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I'm sure Mr Blair or the lovely Mr G W Bush will be heading here shortly to tell us it was the Usual Suspects what did it...

Farsley's well known al quaida cell will be exposed...and all will be well. :roll:

Anyway, anybody looking for a big bang tonight, Farsley could be the place to be. :innocent:

Oh the joy of double entendres... :urff: ;D
Amused to death...
Lars Svensson

wintermute wrote:i wasn't aware that the yorkshire beer came in barrels with stubby little fins on one end, a pointy tip on the other and vorsprung durch technic stencilled on the side.

theakstons old peculiar indeed
It's also s'posed to be six foot long...the bomb that is...

There's a marketing gimmick for some locally brewed beer here somewhere, but I'm fooked if I can see what it is...
:innocent:

Slight case of underbombing - and a tad late too...
Amused to death...
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

What type of a bermb?

To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
CtrlAltDelete
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:this is about 2 minutes drive down the hill from where me and lars live!

just got back from dropping twinkle off at doomwolf's and i find out about this! blimey :eek: :urff:
:eek: Are you safe where you're at?
I would have done something, but I was overwhelmed by a lack of concern.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

@ Almiche V: :lol: :notworthy:

a minky you say?

@ CtrlAltDelete: i reckon so. would probably feel and hear it if it went off but i think/hope we're far enough away to be safe! :o am suer they'd have evacuated us here to if they were worried - they do seem to be being very cautious about it :lol: thank christ!
Lars Svensson

CtrlAltDelete wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:this is about 2 minutes drive down the hill from where me and lars live!

:eek: Are you safe where you're at?
Assume so - local news sez police have evacuated people very close by...

It's the first time I can remember a World War 2 bomb being found in Leeds for years...there used to be some big mills or factories just down the road to us so I assume that could be why it was dropped in the first place...this isn't exactly the city centre.

Weird in a way though innit? :?
Amused to death...
Gripper
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Great! Time to get down t'underground again and start some community singing..."Hey now, hey now now" etc etc until t'all clear sounds.

D'you think this'll put the Gateshead match in doubt?
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Cattrick lot are shi*e!!
Only a paand.
Debaser
Overbomber

Just seen this on Look North this morning

Don't let Jake do any digging...
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Debaser
Overbomber

Oh and I didn't see this before I posted in the 'other place'

Am now gonna have to check in case you started a thread there....
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
hallucienate
Overbomber

wimps! in junior school our headmaster didn't even bother with evacuations when there was a bomb scare.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

'He added: "It was something that definitely resembled an explosive device."'

Bomb, girder, bomb, girder. Easy mistake to make. :roll: :urff: :lol:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

wintermute wrote:with stubby little fins on one end, a pointy tip on the other and vorsprung durch technic stencilled on the side.
i think you were pretty much "on the money" with that comment :lol: :roll:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

and all this time i've been idly eating my lunch on lowestoft beach, when i should have been worrying.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Francis
Overbomber

Heard this on Magic 828 this morning. They said it was in Pudsey. You'd think they'd know the difference. :roll: Luke's mate from school had to sleep in Farsley Rugby Club. They must have had a bit of the Blitz spirit going cos apparently he stank of fags and booze today. :lol:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

JB wrote:'He added: "It was something that definitely resembled an explosive device."'

Bomb, girder, bomb, girder. Easy mistake to make. :roll: :urff: :lol:
Hey, if I was digging a great big hole and something went "clang", I don't think I'd be thinking to myself "oh, it'll be all right, I'll just keep digging" :eek: .

No, I would be offski, as fast and as far as my little legs could carry me :lol: Leaving the "bomb/girder" debate to someone else thank you!

Mind you, I wouldn't be thinking "bomb", more like "ooh, it's just like those Quatermass films". But I'd still leg it.
Why do keyboards get so dirty?