I don't like Cricket

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
lucretia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I freaking love it ... so if any phillistines here don't agree, stay the frig away from this thread!

Shame about Kenya and also Bangladesh ... the good stuff's going to start happening next weekend. The Southampton Rose Bowl is one beautiful cricket ground btw.

Mark Boucher has the cutest bum in the bizzniss
one day at a time
James Blast
Banned

when does floor boards warping get televised, I'd watch that before cricket? :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Rivers
Amphetamine Filth

There are 10 million things I rather do before I sat down and watched some men dressed in white stand around and sweat in the sun on some very nicely mown grass. I have the list here!
And we are nothing but experience in the eyes of nature,
And we will live forever in the eyes of nature.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Rivers wrote:There are 10 million things I rather do before I sat down and watched some men dressed in white stand around and sweat in the sun on some very nicely mown grass. I have the list here!

We should come together one time and compare your list with my encyclopaedia.
Maybe you got some I have not yet thought of :twisted: :twisted:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

lucretia wrote:I freaking love it ... so if any phillistines here don't agree, stay the frig away from this thread!

Oops...sorry.... :innocent: :innocent: ;D :twisted:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Rivers
Amphetamine Filth

Oh no, he's gonna be soooooooo mad :twisted:
And we are nothing but experience in the eyes of nature,
And we will live forever in the eyes of nature.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

as I understood it, the only benefit of cricket was being able to drink your beer outside with no one hassling you while you let your eyes slip gently out of focus on a bunch of men in white far far away
James Blast
Banned

aye, ye might be right there lc
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

I'd always believed an appreciation of cricket, with all its subtle intracacies, is a mark of culture and maturity.

So far this thread seems to be backing me up. Nice to see Collingwood among the runs against Zimbabwe.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
hallucienate
Overbomber

SARF EFRICA!!!!!! suck it Bangladesh!!!!
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

hallucienate wrote:SARF EFRICA!!!!!! suck it Bangladesh!!!!
Based on SA's recent One Day form, that result was the shock of the tournament so far!
:lol: ;D :lol:
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶
hallucienate
Overbomber

sam donut wrote:
Based on SA's recent One Day form, that result was the shock of the tournament so far!
shut it! They just lost the last 10 so that they can win the next 10. :innocent: :innocent:
lucretia

hallucienate wrote:
sam donut wrote:
shut it! They just lost the last 10 so that they can win the next 10. :innocent: :innocent:

Exaccerly!!!
Graham Smith's boys are going to smoke em all this time round ...
one day at a time
DerekR
Doobie Brother

<-- stays away from this thread, as instructed.
Sunsonic
Amphetamine Filth

India will win INNIT!! :)
One life all I need
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

lucretia wrote:
hallucienate wrote:
sam donut wrote: Based on SA's recent One Day form, that result was the shock of the tournament so far!

Exaccerly!!!
Actually, it wouldn't suprise me at all if SA at least got to the final... I mean, Gibbs has got to remember which end of a bat to hold at some point! :lol:

I predict a suprise win for New Zealand :notworthy:
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

andymackem wrote:I'd always believed an appreciation of cricket, with all its subtle intracacies, is a mark of culture and maturity.

So far this thread seems to be backing me up.
:notworthy:
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
lucretia

sam donut wrote:
lucretia wrote:
hallucienate wrote: shut it! They just lost the last 10 so that they can win the next 10. :innocent: :innocent:

Exaccerly!!!
Actually, it wouldn't suprise me at all if SA at least got to the final... I mean, Gibbs has got to remember which end of a bat to hold at some point! :lol:

I predict a suprise win for New Zealand :notworthy:

Oh very droll with the Herschell remark ...
SA / Pakistan final would be my ideal match - just hope we manage to smack ten sorts of s**t out of the Ozzies.
one day at a time
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Cricket is God's Sport. I believe it was originally intended to replace War, but hasn't quite had the required impact yet. One-day slogathons bear little or no relation to Cricket whatsoever. But they're fun, especially as it gives you license to just tw@t the ball as hard as poss, unlike proper Cricket where you're expected to hang around a bit, and play <spit> defensive shots.

I haven't seen a ball bowled yet in this latest comp. Who's looking good, apart from the Ozz swines? Duckworth & Lewis & Clark been involved yet?
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
hallucienate
Overbomber

FFS Dave wrote:Cricket is God's Sport. I believe it was originally intended to replace War, but hasn't quite had the required impact yet.
That's because it hasn't caught on with the American masses yet.
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

FFS Dave wrote:Cricket is God's Sport. I believe it was originally intended to replace War, but hasn't quite had the required impact yet. One-day slogathons bear little or no relation to Cricket whatsoever. But they're fun, especially as it gives you license to just tw@t the ball as hard as poss, unlike proper Cricket where you're expected to hang around a bit, and play <spit> defensive shots.

I haven't seen a ball bowled yet in this latest comp. Who's looking good, apart from the Ozz swines? Duckworth & Lewis & Clark been involved yet?
the krikkit wars? ;D
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
lucretia

FFS Dave wrote:Cricket is God's Sport. I believe it was originally intended to replace War, but hasn't quite had the required impact yet. One-day slogathons bear little or no relation to Cricket whatsoever. But they're fun, especially as it gives you license to just tw@t the ball as hard as poss, unlike proper Cricket where you're expected to hang around a bit, and play <spit> defensive shots.

WORD!
The stars and better games will only start happening towards the end of this week - the first games (USA getting the lowest one day score ever) were pretty boring and all white-washes. But I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I was disappointed Kumble didn't play in the India game but I think they're saving him for the Pakistan encounter, which should be a right cracker of a game.
one day at a time
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Jeepers there was a Heartland Cricket Thread?!! :eek: I like the concept of cricket. Getting bluttered on the village green in a deck-chair whilst the head of the local branch of the WI murders the Reverend in the parsonage because he's having an affair with the Maid. Kind of Agatha Christie gone wrong and an England that probably never existed... ;D
The Chancer Corporation
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

abridged wrote:Jeepers there was a Heartland Cricket Thread?!
you wouldn't believe the amount of utter bollocks that was spouted by the likes of RicheyJames in an attempt to set themselves as being above the common herd (there's a joke there as RJ is shorter than a 16 year-old' boys first time but such things are beneath me *snigger*). the epitomy of the "it's cool to like things simply because no-one else likes them and at the same time we can imply that we see something in it that everyone else is too stupid to" school of shouldered chips. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: