in the days before eldritch....

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

pockets yes, spell checkers.... can I get back?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Francis
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:pockets yes, spell checkers.... can I get back?
No, but I've got a dark, brown overcoat.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
flowersdie
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:Billy Idol! : :eek:
was OK in Generation X and Gen X

Actually he was crap then, too. :wink:

He was good in 'The Wedding Singer' though.
I never saw you again
James Blast
Banned

nothing was good about The Wedding Singer
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:nothing was good about The Wedding Singer

well...em...actually....

no you're right enough!!...

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
James Blast
Banned

anything Ben Stiller was/is/will be in, EXCEPT!
Mystery Men
that's a bit lame too
~ Peter Steele
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

Ummm Ben Stiller wasn't in the wedding singer, it was Adam Sandler...

And, if anyone cares, the concert rocked and Idol spoke to me (on and off stage), gave me a pic, signed my shirt, called me "Sweetheart" and "my Dear" and told me "cheers!" :D His guitarist, Steve Stevens, is super cool and talented too, in case any of you are into that.

Don't worry, I won't try to convert you heathens...at least you believe in God (and by "God" I mean the Sisters and by "the Sisters" I mean :von: quite obvoiusly) and that's all that really counts if you ask the Pope :wink:

Didn't really like the Wedding Singer either.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

steve stevens has a nice line in "windmill guitar" poses :lol: :notworthy:

tres cool :von:

generation x rocked, and even idol's 80s solo stuff is pretty groovy in a power-pop/rock stylee.

"cyberpunk" was awful though! what the f**k did he do to "heroin"?!?! :o :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

I like "Heroin"! Yeah, it's quite different from the VU's, but different in a great way.

I think the songs in Cyberpunk are kind of hit and miss; there are a few goodies but as a whole it was kind of like "um, ok?" His new music (unreleased) is more like the 80s stuff only not as good...

Have you heard "Buried Alive" from Heavy Metal 2000? Me gusta mucho...
James Blast
Banned

The Pope wrote:Ummm Ben Stiller wasn't in the wedding singer, it was Adam Sandler...
I stand corrected your holiness :oops:
~ Peter Steele
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:
The Pope wrote:Ummm Ben Stiller wasn't in the wedding singer, it was Adam Sandler...
I stand corrected your holiness :oops:
How do you tell them apart? :lol: :lol:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
James Blast
Banned

Mrs. Snowey wrote:How do you tell them apart? :lol: :lol:
I still can't Mrs. S :(
~ Peter Steele
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

Heh, I think Sandler's taller...

It must be that Jewish thing...(I can only say that because I am one and I too possess the unexplainable thing that makes us all similar...)
smiscandlon
Overbomber

The Pope wrote:It must be that Jewish thing...(I can only say that because I am one and I too possess the unexplainable thing that makes us all similar...)
You mean you look like Adam Sandler? :eek:
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

God no! :eek: It's just a certain Jewishness...I don't know. It's not so much a physical thing as an attitude. But not really a full time attitude, just a feeling one exudes that says "Jesus is not my homeboy in the way he is yours." 8)

Funny how Jesus is actually more my homeboy than a Christian's, but I don't really want to get into that right now.
James Blast
Banned

I really don't know what to say, as a circumcised Catholic? :eek:
~ Peter Steele
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Too...

Much...

Information...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

enough already! :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Nazareth
Amphetamine Filth

I love Billy Idol, his songs are all fun, nothing really deep about them. I even recorded a cover of rebel yell. Kind of disappointed though, as i got into the sisters after that and i would have rather done lucretia. The sisters took Idols place as my second fav band ever.
James Blast
Banned

you're so shallow Naz
~ Peter Steele
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

Nazareth wrote:The sisters took Idols place as my second fav band ever.

Who's #1?

I would have to say Billy's my second, after the sisters and tied with Bowie. Well, DB is kind of ahead a little--I have more respect for him and I think he's WAY more important historically, but Billy's music is more fun, like you said. It's just energetic and not really negative, which I think is good to a certain extent.
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

the sisters are actually around place #10 for the moment..
1.Coil
2.current'93
3.John Cale
4.david bowie
5.pulp
6.Lisa gerrard
7.Johnny cash
8.Leonard Cohen
9.joy division
10. the sisters of mercy....
of course that could change within af ew weeks if the weeding forum works allright ;)
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Nazareth
Amphetamine Filth

Shallow...me?!

My Number one band is Guns N' Roses. I don't really know what the criteria is for me with bands, it tends to come down to a feeling more than good lyrics, musicianship etc. Which probably explains Idols inclusion!
i listen to a lot of different stuff, but in terms of band history etc, i am only interested in gnr, the sisters and billy idol. They are the only groups who i can listen to forever and not get bored.