Göteborg

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Hi mates,
Hope some of you still remember me (and maybe somebody even noticed my missing... eerr... not? OK).
Anyway, I didn't want to be away for so long but I just hadn't the internet connection at home. No I've got it. But in the second half of the next week I have to leave my Heartland home again :( because I'll go to Göteborg Book Fair in Sweden.
So - could any of you (hey, vikings with 12"s :innocent: ) suggest me any place to visit in this city? Any shop or market where I could find some Sisters stuff? Vinyls? Bootlegs? Anything else?
pikkrong
Overbomber

So? :eek:
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

pikkrong wrote: Hope some of you still remember me.
you are not that blonde guy from Russia? :twisted:

If you are then i remember you perfectly. :roll:
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

:O..... eh ?

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
James Blast
Banned

I'm not from round those parts, boy.... eh..... Indrek
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
VonOben
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

pikkrong wrote:Hi mates,
Hope some of you still remember me (and maybe somebody even noticed my missing... eerr... not? OK).
Anyway, I didn't want to be away for so long but I just hadn't the internet connection at home. No I've got it. But in the second half of the next week I have to leave my Heartland home again :( because I'll go to Göteborg Book Fair in Sweden.
So - could any of you (hey, vikings with 12"s :innocent: ) suggest me any place to visit in this city? Any shop or market where I could find some Sisters stuff? Vinyls? Bootlegs? Anything else?
I'm not really familiar with the record stores in Göteborg, but Bengans and Skivhugget are supposed to be good stores. They're also situated close to eachother.

I visited Bengans last year and was somewhat disappointed, Skivhugget is supposed to be better.

Homepages:
http://www.bengans.se/
http://www.skivhugget.se/ (also in english)

Maps:
http://www.hitta.se/ViewDetailsPink.asp ... id=2789814

and

http://www.hitta.se/ViewDetailsPink.asp ... id=3359542
"Baby... boogie... baby." - AE
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Pikkrong

So.. you stopping by Norway while your at it?
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
pikkrong
Overbomber

moonchild wrote:
pikkrong wrote: Hope some of you still remember me.
you are not that blonde guy from Russia? :twisted:

You are almost right... I'm that guy with big muscles who released "American Caesar" album approximately 10 years ago :innocent:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Thanks, VonOben :notworthy:
By the way, if you or any other Swedish mate needs the explanation why I'll invade your country check the last issue of the literary magazine "00tal" (17/18):
http://www.00tal.com/
pikkrong
Overbomber

Lynchfanatic wrote:Pikkrong

Unfortunately I will not reach Norway this time :(
As far as I understand. But I have to admit my knowledge on geography was broken when I knew that the plain from Tallinn will stop in Copenhagen before I arrive to Göteborg ;D
Last edited by pikkrong on 21 Sep 2004, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I was in Goteborg recently, and I have to say there was ... ... ... nothing ... ... ... interesting to do. It's a dull city. Unless you like fish. Then you can go and eat in the Fiskekorka, and pray at the same time. If you don't worship fish, it's an average European city like any other. So I would advise piscemancy.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
pikkrong
Overbomber

thanks for answering :)
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

pikkrong wrote:

As far as I understand. But I have to admit my knwledge on geography was boken when I knew that the plain from Tallinn will stop in Copenhagen before I arrive to Göteborg ;D
Aww, thats a shame. Next time then? ;)
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I will be at that fair. Working and lounging. It's fun and exhausting. Have you been there before? Will you be reading your poetry?

Look me up if you want a book in swedish. As far as fun and adventure goes I'm afraid I can't help much. I tend to end up in the hotel bars.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Lynchfanatic wrote:
pikkrong wrote:

As far as I understand. But I have to admit my knwledge on geography was boken when I knew that the plain from Tallinn will stop in Copenhagen before I arrive to Göteborg ;D
Aww, thats a shame. Next time then? ;)
Hope so :)
pikkrong
Overbomber

The Green Lantern wrote:I will be at that fair. Working and lounging. It's fun and exhausting. Have you been there before? Will you be reading your poetry?

Look me up if you want a book in swedish. As far as fun and adventure goes I'm afraid I can't help much. I tend to end up in the hotel bars.

No, I havn't been there before.
Yes, I will read my poetry among some other Estonians. 12-1 PM (for all of us) on Friday and 7 PM on Saturday (but I can't rememeber will the last one be in the same place). I'm a skinny guy dressed in black and (again) without hair. They call my just fs.
pikkrong
Overbomber

after some unpleasant adventures (no thanks to SAS) I'm back home. with a pile of Sisters vinyls :D
(unfortunately I can't remember the shop's name - I found it absolutely accidentally)
James Blast
Banned

welcome back Indrek :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
pikkrong
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:welcome back Indrek :D
home, sweet home (I mean H-land :wink: )
Dimehart
Amphetamine Filth

Do you have any reading/spoken word performance for Stockholm planned?
"Love is the empty place where loneliness is born"
pikkrong
Overbomber

Dimehart wrote:Do you have any reading/spoken word performance for Stockholm planned?
Do you mean Stockholm Poetry Festival? No, I was there last year (there's even a pic of me reading poetry there, published in the last 00tal magazine :innocent: and a poem of mine translated :innocent: and... an interview - it means - some stupid answers to questions of a beautiful Swedish journalist called Jessica :oops: :innocent: ).
And there were 2 readings in Göteborg / Gothenburg. But not in Stockholm this year.