Did anyone else get "THE" box set this morning????

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
christophe
Overbomber

correct if you mean Join the Dots ? right!
Another Shade of You.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:oops: Yes that's what I meant :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Not to feel left out, I received my lovely silver box thing yesterday morning. Yay for disposable income and purchasing power!
24.24.2.489 Deceased
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Mine came (at last) today. I'm wondering whether to put my VHS widescreen special editions box set up on e-bay, or if there will be a bit of a rush of them on there at the moment. It's probably better to keep hold of them I guess.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

Heh, it's been available here since Friday!!! Just watched Jedi last night. Amazing how good that movie actually is, if you can ignore the teddy bears.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

mh wrote:Heh, it's been available here since Friday!!! Just watched Jedi last night. Amazing how good that movie actually is, if you can ignore the teddy bears.
fcukin' muppets!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
hallucienate
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
hallucienate wrote:Doesn't get more specific than that :(
I just checked my order history on amazon; FOTR extended edition was shipped to me on 11 Nov 2002, (after being pre-ordered in August! :lol:) so that seems a likely ball-park date.
ahem: http://www.lordoftherings.net/homevideo ... l_dvd.html
mid december :(
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

hallucienate wrote:
markfiend wrote:
hallucienate wrote:Doesn't get more specific than that :(
I just checked my order history on amazon; FOTR extended edition was shipped to me on 11 Nov 2002, (after being pre-ordered in August! :lol:) so that seems a likely ball-park date.
ahem: http://www.lordoftherings.net/homevideo ... l_dvd.html
mid december :(
Bastard. :evil:
—Bertrand Russell
Rivers
Amphetamine Filth

I was about 14 when SW first arrives in the cinemas. I was very much into sci-fi and the weird, still am. I never even bothered to go see it on release as it appeared very dull, bland and un-exciting for a film of that nature. I wanted something that would blow my mind, not hark back to my father's favourite Saturday morning seriels but with gloss.
I have seen all 3 original films, they got better as they went along but they don't do much for me. I saw the first new one with a free ticket and it evaporated from my mind as I left the cinema.
The names are terrible.....Darth Vader for chrisake, Luke Skywalker, its like kids wrote it.
I've nothing against the films as such, they're entertainment but they just leave me wondering how others see so much in so little.
And we are nothing but experience in the eyes of nature,
And we will live forever in the eyes of nature.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Rivers wrote:The names are terrible.....Darth Vader for chrisake, Luke Skywalker, its like kids wrote it.
I'm not sure what you mean.

Han Solo? Because he's, like, a loner, y'know?

Darth Sidious. Sort of like insidious. Get it?

Jar Jar Binks. If you don't understand the deeper significance of that one I'm not going to explain it to you.

You probably also fail to grasp the clever way he managed to combine letters and numbers in the names of the droids, like R2-D2 and C-3PO.
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

smiscandlon wrote:
Rivers wrote:The names are terrible.....Darth Vader for chrisake, Luke Skywalker, its like kids wrote it.
I'm not sure what you mean.

Han Solo? Because he's, like, a loner, y'know?
We were watching ROTJ last week at Snowey Towers (out of a lovely shiny gold box :roll: :lol: ). All was going well until we started comparing the characters to people we knew (try it, it's a top game)

So...artoo deetoo became a guy who is short, has a photographic memory and talks veryfastindeedandbygodyou'llstruggletokeepup

...seethreepio was the chap who will NEVER get a girlfriend

...the ewoks were a chap we know who is (also short), hairy, incomprehensible and although he might look adorable and cute, can be a vicious beggar when he wants to be :eek:

...whilst Han was the friend we were watching it with at the time. Except he got renamed Hand Solo, due to the quite considerable passage of time since he last had a lady friend ;D :lol:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
James Blast
Banned

Mrs. Snowey wrote:...whilst Han was the friend we were watching it with at the time. Except he got renamed Hand Solo, due to the quite considerable passage of time since he last had a lady friend ;D :lol:
Not Nice Mrs S!

Lando Calrissian - has black silk sheets, a constant soundtrack of Barry White and a condom dispenser in the bed chamber

Chewbacca - a bloke I was at art school with, he even had hair between his toes
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Mrs. Snowey

James Blast wrote: Chewbacca - a bloke I was at art school with, he even had hair between his toes
:eek:

We found a Chewie too: not for the amount of hair, just the noises he makes :lol: :lol:
smiscandlon
Overbomber

:lol:

My team at work currently consists of 3 guys who talk about Star Wars and science fiction films a bit too much, and a girl who couldn't care less about it all, and thinks (only half jokingly) that whenever we are ostensibly talking about Star Wars we are actually talking about her, in code. She calls this "Project Darth Vader"...

As if to prove that she doesn't really know much about the films, she recently referred to the little teddy bear creatures in Return of the Jedi as "Ecocks".

:eek:
James Blast
Banned

smiscandlon wrote:"Ecocks"
Fcukin' Muppets! :D
~ Peter Steele
Mrs. Snowey

"Ecocks" :eek:

I can't decide whether that makes me think of on-line shopping at the Anne Summers site, or something Vera Duckworth might say :eek: :lol:

Poor girl must get really worried when the talk turns to double-ended light sabres :lol:
James Blast
Banned

Fcukin' Muppets!
~ Peter Steele
Rivers
Amphetamine Filth

I thought Muppets in Space was another Star Wars saga! :P
And we are nothing but experience in the eyes of nature,
And we will live forever in the eyes of nature.
hallucienate
Overbomber

has anyone got the star wars xmas special?
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

hallucienate wrote:has anyone got the star wars xmas special?
I know someone who has... i could... errr... get a copy ?

Paddy
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Padstar wrote:

Paddy
:innocent: if it wouldn't be a hassle... :innocent:
christophe
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:
Padstar wrote:

Paddy
new weed :?:
:innocent:
Another Shade of You.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

christophe wrote:
hallucienate wrote:
Padstar wrote: I know someone who has... i could... errr... get a copy ?

Paddy
new weed :?:
:innocent:
I have a bad copy of it in MPEG1 format. I haven't been able to sit through it all yet. Only made it about 10 mins in. It is awful.
MarkFiend wrote:Mine came (at last) today. I'm wondering whether to put my VHS widescreen special editions box set up on e-bay, or if there will be a bit of a rush of them on there at the moment. It's probably better to keep hold of them I guess.
For those completness type of things, keep the Special edition VHS as there have been changes between the VHS and DVD releases. For example, the Rancor bit that looked awful in the original Jedi and the Special Edition has now been cleaned up on the DVD, also, the end bit where you see Anakin, Yoda and Obi-Wan, it now shows Christian whatsisname from the prequels instead of the fat guy s Anakin.

There are other changes as well, but I didn't really spot them, I've been listening to the commentaries rather than watching the flicks.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
hallucienate
Overbomber

CellThree wrote: I have a bad copy of it in MPEG1 format. I haven't been able to sit through it all yet. Only made it about 10 mins in. It is awful.
Now I really want it.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

I have a copy on VHS that I may be able to copy on to DVD if you don't get any better offers...