Internet broadcast

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Hi all. I shall be trying my first internet broadcast tonight at around 9.00. If anybody would like to listen in then please do as I'd like to know if it all works......

The software i'll be using is winamp with peercast. Peercast needs to be downloaded if you'd like to listen - www.peercast.org The link to me is in my signature.

I'll be playing some Curve, Dishwalla, Ambient stuff for sure - plus others. Dishwalla are a great band if you haven't heard them.

Hope to see you tonight 8)
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
christophe
Overbomber

I downd the program. and I hit thi link.
its problably not working becaus its to early but wat do I have to do?

do I simply have to hit the link or do I need to connect in another way?
Another Shade of You.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Hi christophe. Hit the link and press play, Peercast should then start up winamp. But make sure winamp is associated with OGG files first.

To test it on other stations then go to Peercast Yellow Pages and try a station there.

Good luck mate :wink:
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

BTW I'll start broadcasting in just over 2 hours time. :D
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Hmm, the downloaded WinAmp plugin doesn't work, it says it is corrupted. Tried downloading it three different ways as well.

The main program works, but won't connect as it uses Realplayer as it's default player and that doesn't support OGG format.

*sigh*
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

@CellThree - can't help you with the corrupt file I'm afraid. I took Real Player off my pc cos it messed with other things so much.
christophe
Overbomber

okay I got it working (I think) now lets hope I can stay awake untill it starts and i can last at least a few songs :? :)
Another Shade of You.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

I'll test a few now.

ahem..one,two,....fiiisssshhh.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Hear we go with the proper stuff. Maybe ET will catch a few tunes.
christophe
Overbomber

have tried a copple of times so far but it aint working :(
I'm gone give it one more shot but if it fails again I'm gone hit my little Bed.
Another Shade of You.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

@christophe - Does it work with other stations?

Had one listener ;D
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Does not work for me either.
I use the stand-alone version but nothing works. I got your name in the list when I start Peercast, but when I hit PLAY nothing happens.
Mebbe it is the Firewall-thingy...
And I do not use WinAmp for that. Never again :-)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Have changed my firewall settings, maybe that'll help....
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Almiche V wrote:Have changed my firewall settings, maybe that'll help....
Have uninstalled PeerCast and it helps :lol:

Sorry, AV, but I'm not really into P2P anymore. I hope you do a great job on the broadcasting ;D

I'll try another time...'tis way too late over here to start fussing with my US Robotics.... :twisted:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Thanks IZ 8)

Does anyone else broadcast? Have tried Jetaudio but it didnae work.