Did anyone else get "THE" box set this morning????

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

CellThree wrote:
MarkFiend wrote:Mine came (at last) today. I'm wondering whether to put my VHS widescreen special editions box set up on e-bay, or if there will be a bit of a rush of them on there at the moment. It's probably better to keep hold of them I guess.
For those completness type of things, keep the Special edition VHS as there have been changes between the VHS and DVD releases. For example, the Rancor bit that looked awful in the original Jedi and the Special Edition has now been cleaned up on the DVD, also, the end bit where you see Anakin, Yoda and Obi-Wan, it now shows Christian whatsisname from the prequels instead of the fat guy s Anakin.

There are other changes as well, but I didn't really spot them, I've been listening to the commentaries rather than watching the flicks.
Well, I've decided to keep the VHS special editions for the simple reason that I checked e-bay and there were about 98 thousand sets on there; hardly any of which were selling. The couple which were selling were going for about 4 or 5 quid. Not really worth it for that.

Hayden Christiansen CGI'd into the final scene; before seeing it for real I thought that it was a joke. :urff: Oh well. I'm glad the Rancor's been cleaned up though. It did look poo in the VHS SE!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Not been here for a while so I couldn't quite be bothered to read all 5 pages on this but I thought I'd add my 'I have it too' thingy.
The bonus disk is top notch.
Even for a sad hardened SW geek-nut like myself there was some new stuff on there. P*ss funny hearing Dave Prowse uttering Vader's lines!!!

I'm absolutely disgusted with the added part at the end of Jedi though. I was annoyed when 'No Neck Lucas' changed the Ewok dance music for the Special Editions in 1997 but this takes the biscuit.
I don't like the new dialogue between Vader & The Emporor in Empire either!

Rant over.

Purp.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
CtrlAltDelete
Amphetamine Filth

I'm doing the wise thing and waiting until next year when episode 3 comes out. Then they'll release all 6 together on DVD with a bunch of extra junk.

I already have 4,5, and 6 in a box set (vhs), and episodes 1 and 2 on DVD, so I can wait until next year to have them all in one set.
I would have done something, but I was overwhelmed by a lack of concern.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

CtrlAltDelete wrote:I'm doing the wise thing and waiting until next year when episode 3 comes out. Then they'll release all 6 together on DVD with a bunch of extra junk.
I've got a bad feeling about this.

sorry, just couldn't believe we got through the 5 pages about Star Wars without anyone saying that.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

You must do what you feel is right, of course.
анархия
CtrlAltDelete
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Mine came (at last) today. I'm wondering whether to put my VHS widescreen special editions box set up on e-bay, or if there will be a bit of a rush of them on there at the moment. It's probably better to keep hold of them I guess.

Don't do it. They don't sell well on ebay because when they were released everyone and their mother bought one thinking they would be worth a lot of money.

Hold on to it, and when no one can even remember what VHS is they'll be worth something.
I would have done something, but I was overwhelmed by a lack of concern.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

CtrlAltDelete wrote:
markfiend wrote:Mine came (at last) today. I'm wondering whether to put my VHS widescreen special editions box set up on e-bay, or if there will be a bit of a rush of them on there at the moment. It's probably better to keep hold of them I guess.

Don't do it. They don't sell well on ebay because when they were released everyone and their mother bought one thinking they would be worth a lot of money.

Hold on to it, and when no one can even remember what VHS is they'll be worth something.
Yes, I've decided to keep them. ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell