Chavs!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
keys
Road Kill

This link was posted on our site... some of you may appreciate the content!

http://www.cecimoz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Chavs2.htm
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

keys wrote:This link was posted on our site... some of you may appreciate the content!

http://www.cecimoz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Chavs2.htm

Quite droll !!!!

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Dan
Overbomber

Go to www.argos.co.uk and do a search for chav in the search box at top left.
:D :D :D :D
rian
Slight Overbomber

Dan wrote:Go to www.argos.co.uk and do a search for chav in the search box at top left.
:D :D :D :D
:eek:
I think someone set my soul alight
James Blast
Banned

I still think 'neds' is a better name for them
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

James Blast wrote:I still think 'neds' is a better name for them
IMHO "pikey c*nts" sums it up nicely.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
smiscandlon
Overbomber

I agree with James.

And Quiff Boy.
анархия
smiscandlon
Overbomber

One (gold sovereign) ring to rule them all...

анархия
James Blast
Banned

very diplomatic, Stepen
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
Thea
Overbomber

don't call them neds... because the word "ned's" (with or without apostrophie) should never be seen without the words "atomic" and "dustbin". As in the goon show or the band - i'm not fussy....
just you lot be thankful you don't have to live with one....
don't call them neds... because the word "ned's" (with or without apostrophie) should never be seen without the words "atomic" and "dustbin". As in the goon show or the band - i'm not fussy....
boudicca
Sister Midnight

d00mw0lf wrote:don't call them neds... because the word "ned's" (with or without apostrophie) should never be seen without the words "atomic" and "dustbin". As in the goon show or the band - i'm not fussy....
:lol: I've never been able to hear that band's name without laughing. I didn't even realise you Southern folk called them 'chavs' until very recently.

I have developed a range of words from the original noun "ned". My fellow Northern sorts may find them useful:
* 'Neddery' (noun) - ex. "That is some high-class, five-sovereign-rings-per-hand neddery over there."
* 'Nedify' (verb)- ex. "I have a feeling that the new family at number 5. are going to nedify this neighbourhood, what with their uncouth behaviour and poor dress sense."
* 'Neducation' (noun) The initiation of the ned. "His neducation consisted of the consumption of 5 gallons of Buckfast, endurance of glass in the face, and mugging an old lady."

So you see, "ned" is a word rich in possibilities...
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

boudicca wrote:. I didn't even realise you Southern folk called them 'chavs' until very recently.
Oi!! I'm not a southern type! I realise you'd call anyone in England a southerner as you live reet oop north but STOP IT :twisted:
Only a paand.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

So you're not a southern SG, even though you were born in London?

Right ho
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Sexygothâ„¢ wrote:
boudicca wrote:. I didn't even realise you Southern folk called them 'chavs' until very recently.
Oi!! I'm not a southern type! I realise you'd call anyone in England a southerner as you live reet oop north but STOP IT :twisted:
It wasn't meant to be derogatory! I'm not an anti-English freak. I'm just anti-the use of the word 'chavs'. :)
keys
Road Kill

well we generally use the word Scallies here in Manchester - a unique breed of future inmates sporting trackie bottoms tucked into shin-length sports socks, draped in 3 pages worth of Elizabeth duke bling (total cost £16.99) which induces mutual respect within said peer group '...awww, man... that's well boss, man... sound... sorted... safe... bangin'... top one!...'

:?
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

How did this happen? Are people everywhere being assimilated into being cockneys? Is resistance futile.....?

Please can I blame television.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

We always used to have Charvers, or Charvas, up my way. As it were ...

I guess that could be an accent thing as far as Chavs go.

Down here it's Chavs and Pikeys. Remember Neds well from my Glasgae days, but never took to it.

Trash tends to cover them for me.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
James Blast
Banned

andymackem wrote:Remember Neds well from my Glasgae days, but never took to it.
Wiittt? Man! Yer jokin' ya radge!
Neds is pure kwality, by the way, innat.
~ Peter Steele
smiscandlon
Overbomber

keys wrote:...sporting trackie bottoms tucked into shin-length sports socks...
Funniest ned I ever saw appeared to be an apprentice workman ned - possibly a joiner or plumber.

He was wearing a blue boiler suit with the legs tucked into white sports socks, rounded off with a pair of white trainers.

:lol:
анархия
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

smiscandlon wrote:
keys wrote:...sporting trackie bottoms tucked into shin-length sports socks...
Funniest ned I ever saw appeared to be an apprentice workman ned - possibly a joiner or plumber.

He was wearing a blue boiler suit with the legs tucked into white sports socks, rounded off with a pair of white trainers.

:lol:
you always get a few of those hanging around the top end of leeds as its very near the builders college :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Rivers
Amphetamine Filth

Quite a few around these days, they breed like rabbits you know! In the fields and eat carrots.
And we are nothing but experience in the eyes of nature,
And we will live forever in the eyes of nature.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

I've always wondered who initially starts these ned/chav/scally 'fashion' trends (I'm a fashion student myself, yet it remains a complete mystery to me). I can only assume that there are some misguided but highly creative bright sparks somewhere... somewhere within their ranks. Maybe.

Skip caps at 45 degree angles, perched on the back of the head... pure genuis! :notworthy:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I discovered where the trousers-tucked-into-socks bit comes from anyway. Apparently it's an American prison thing; the prison uniforms have no pockets so the inmates tuck their trouser legs into their socks so that they can put ciggies etc. down the inside of their trousers and they won't fall out the bottom.

Why the chavscum want to copy that is beyond me though.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:I discovered where the trousers-tucked-into-socks bit comes from anyway. Apparently it's an American prison thing; the prison uniforms have no pockets so the inmates tuck their trouser legs into their socks so that they can put ciggies etc. down the inside of their trousers and they won't fall out the bottom.

Why the chavscum want to copy that is beyond me though.

Practice. :lol:
24.24.2.489 Deceased