Mesh @ Manchester Uni this saturday?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

anyone going to see mesh (depeche mode lite) in manc on saturday?

they're playing the uni and were supposed to be supporting a chap from kraftwerk but he's cancelled, so mesh are now headlining.

http://www.mesh.co.uk/wwom_live.htm

i quite fancy it.... anyone else going?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Quiff Boy wrote:(depeche mode lite)
:lol: :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
wintermute
Amphetamine Filth

regrettably, will be visiting England's second city (the one with buck house and the big clock) this w/e.

actually i was at the manc uni last saturday, to see dead men walking. rarely have i been to a gig with so little hair on show
then he takes your hand in some strange californian handshake and breaks the bone
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

wintermute wrote:regrettably, will be visiting England's second city (the one with buck house and the big clock) this w/e.

actually i was at the manc uni last saturday, to see dead men walking. rarely have i been to a gig with so little hair on show
:lol:

i saw dead men walking last year at hudderfield town hall - with billy duffy on geetar - and they were quite spiffing.

the way i see it is if at least one of the band has hair like slim jim phantom then does it matter what the rest look like? :lol: :von: :notworthy:
keys
Road Kill

We'll be there :)
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Defo going to try and go to mesh.
I'm a bit miffed that I couldn't get to see Slim Jim at either Huddersfield or Manchester this year- might try for Warrington, but my plans seem to have a habit of going awry at the moment! :roll:
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶
wintermute
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:the way i see it is if at least one of the band has hair like slim jim phantom then does it matter what the rest look like?
actually, i was meaning the audience. the band were all (suspiciously) well thatched.

is it me or do they all look like other people ?

slim jim is a spit for greg rusedski (but a better forehand), brandon looks like gary busey, i thought watson was billy bragg in black and tassels at first .... and so on
then he takes your hand in some strange californian handshake and breaks the bone
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

so who's up for beer beforehand?

i was unsure if i'd be able to make it for a while but its looking good now ;)
F--kwit
Road Kill

wintermute wrote:regrettably, will be visiting England's second city (the one with buck house and the big clock) this w/e.

Some mates of ours were on the bus up to the university on Sunday to see the Stuffies when who should get on but Kirk Brandon and Bruce Watson! Possibly rehearsing for their next show "Dead Men can't Be Arsed Walking"....
You ain't seen me, right?
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

F--kwit wrote:...Kirk Brandon and Bruce Watson! Possibly rehearsing for their next show "Dead Men can't Be Arsed Walking"....
:lol: :lol: :lol: Quality punnery!
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶
keys
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:so who's up for beer beforehand?

i was unsure if i'd be able to make it for a while but its looking good now ;)
well, we spent ages looking for you! Where were you? :roll:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i didnt go - i'm a bit skint at the moment and the return train trip to manc, the admission fee, some beer money and money for a taxi from leeds back to my house would have involved about 70 quid all in.. couldnt justify that on one night out :urff:

gutted though :(