SKINNY PUPPY weekend PLUS Polls

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
rapture_radio
Amphetamine Filth

SKINNY PUPPY weekend starts Friday October 8th at 3PM New York Time (7PM London time) and will run for 56 HOURS straight and will also include their many side projects.

ALSO there are polls for the next weekend long feature and next live show, both to air in November.
Happy Listening
dee902
Amphetamine Filth

Could you post the URL for me, please? Thanks a bunch! :notworthy:
rapture_radio
Amphetamine Filth

The radioststion website is:
http://www.onisakti.com/raptureradio.html

To listen directly it is:
http://www.live365.com/stations/onika666?play

NOTE: If you get a screen to sing up, you can either sign up for free (it takes 1 minute) OR you can delete your cookies and click on the link again.
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Damn... I hate this.. being stuck in 56k land.... bastard...

Hope it goes well and you all enjoy it...
(Not envious.. no way.. eh eh...)

Mind you I did see them live this year and I felt they just lacked a certain Je ne sais qua...

Still awesome but the edge was a little blunted..
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
dee902
Amphetamine Filth

Mind you I did see them live this year and I felt they just lacked a certain Je ne sais qua...

Still awesome but the edge was a little blunted..[/quote]

Really? :| I saw them in June and thought it was amazing. Granted, I had never seen them before so I had no previous SP to compare it to. In fact, I'm hoping to see them in NY next month!
My name is Deirdre and I'm a music nerd.
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Regarding the live shows, if you hear any of their previous live stuff it seems the sound is a lot rawer and a fair bit more adlib at times.. especially the between song a capella type stuff by Ogre, which was none existant at the gig I was at...

However, this year I managed to see Laibach, KMFDM and Skinny Puppy and to be honest I felt that Laibach and KMFDM put on better shows with less resources..

In all honesty I don't think SP will ever manage to recreate what they had, especially given that a lot of the work they produced was done so in pretty f**ked up situations - i.e drug problems, despising of other band members...