Christopher Reeve dies.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

As quoted from the site http://www.chrisreevehomepage.com/news.html

October 10, 2004: Christopher Reeve Dies! It is with great sadness that we report that Christopher Reeve has died.
According to sources close to the actor, he died suddenly on Sunday. News of his death is just being reported publicly. His family will make an announcement today (Monday) at the earliest.
Reports are that he died while in coma after going into Cardiac Arrest on Sunday, October 10th.
Reeve was being treated at Northern Westchester Hospital for a pressure wound that he developed, a common complication for people with paralysis.
In the past week, the wound had become severely infected, resulting in a serious systemic infection.
"On behalf of my entire family, I want to thank Northern Westchester Hospital for the excellent care they provided to my husband," Dana Reeve, his widow, said in a statement.
"I also want to thank his personal staff of nurses and aides, as well as the millions of fans from around the world who have supported and loved my husband over the years."

Christopher Reeve
September 25, 1952 - October 10, 2004

Thanks for childhood memories, Christopher. :cry:

And also a ;D and a very big :notworthy: for the Hero of All Heroes!

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

...which was JUST pointed out by Spiggy's Hat a couple of seconds before I did :twisted:

Lock one up, mods.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
hallucienate
Overbomber

Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

A great shame.

I backed him to walk again, I really did.
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
lucretia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

When I left the movie house after watching the first Superman movie with him in it, I really BELIEVED that I could jump off the ground and head off into the night sky.
He was the embodiment of a truly great spirit, an enormously beautiful man and inspiration to millions of people ... so sad that he didn't make it.
one day at a time
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Ed Rhombus wrote:A great shame.

I backed him to walk again, I really did.
Did he not regain some kind of feeling or movement? Or did I just imagine that? I'm not sure I agreed with all his views on stem-cells and the like, but anyone who can endure what he did is incredibly brave in my opinion. I know that's a horrendous cliche, but I just can't imagine how I would cope with his kind of injuries. Rest in peace.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Lamia
Amphetamine Filth

Sad news.

Was talking about this earlier on with a couple of mates. Said that this man must have had an affect on all of our childhood aspirations with the Superman films, then in later life his courage and determination after his accident.

One of mates said he had never seen any of the Superman films! :eek: Personally i dont believe him.
Intimations of mortality are all about me.....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I think I recall reading somewhere that, despite success with the Superman movies, the medical bills pretty much bankrupted Reeve, and Robin Williams ended up paying for a lot of his treatment.

If this is the case, I think Robin Williams deserves a :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
christophe
Overbomber

He was a great actor and after his accident he proved to be a wonderful human being.
I believe we will always remember him as superman, and I believe he truly made a difference for so many other people who suffer from paralysis.

Another Shade of You.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

well, at the risk of sounding pathetic this has really upset me. He was such an icon for people my age.... and then he became more of a hero in real life i guess.....

Seriously, the only Superman. Gutted.

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
dead stars
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

christophe wrote:He was a great actor and after his accident he proved to be a wonderful human being.
I believe we will always remember him as superman, and I believe he truly made a difference for so many other people who suffer from paralysis.

Exactly my thoughts. I'm very sad, really. Strange fate he had. Very strange.
I will also remember him for Rear Window and Village of the Damned.

Well, like Cher says in "Mask": now you can go anywhere. Go fly!
~dead stars still burn~
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Strangely enough, my abiding memory of Mr Reeve was starring in Somewhere In Time with the lovely Ms Seymour. It's a slush movie with a ridiculous premise but very watchable due the acting abilities of the two main stars.

Warning: The website is full of the commercial tat but some nice pics and they have updated with the sad news.
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

I thought he was fantastic in Deathtrap with Michael Caine...
анархия