Hello People, New Here.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
lucretia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Have a groovy time over 'ere, we're a sweet bunch ...
eventually. :P
one day at a time
Debaser
Overbomber

Allo :D
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
pikkrong
Overbomber

Hello and welcome 8)
BorislavX wrote:
Lately I've been mostly listening to The Sisters and Rozz Williams ( if any of ya guys know who Rozz is :)
I like Kino very much (if you have heard about that band :innocent: )
BorislavX
Road Kill

Kino?

You're kidding.

Kino is a russian rock band. They were really popular in the 80s. They have no english songs though.....

I actually have a pretty goot collection of Kino songs.

pikkrong
Overbomber

BorislavX wrote:Kino?

You're kidding.
I thought you're kidding talking about Rozz Williams :wink:
Anyway - you're welcome 8)

PS I've got only 3 Kino CD-s... or 4...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

paint it black wrote:
Chairman Bux wrote:Welcome to Heartland. Don't pay any attention to Paint It Black's cryptic twittering. We don't.
that's me told :roll:

maybe i should just post uncryptic bollox about my love life and what i didn't have for dinner? or maybe just not post at all :?

ah **** it.
oh, right. here.

:lol: :twisted: :kiss:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
BorislavX
Road Kill

I thought you're kidding talking about Rozz Williams

Can it be? Another Rozz fan?
pikkrong
Overbomber

BorislavX wrote:
I thought you're kidding talking about Rozz Williams

Can it be? Another Rozz fan?

sorry, not a fan :)
I'm a Sisters fan :von:
And maybe...
Damn, there's not enough free walls for my Sisters posters in my new flat :urff:
And that Kraftwerk poster is bigger than any Sisters one - what a shame, not fair :urff: :evil:
BorislavX
Road Kill

DOH, there aren't a lot of people who appreciate Rooz :(, there is a forum but its virtually dead atm.

Oh well...

Ohh, btw, how can I post pics here? I wanted to upload some pics to this thread, but I guess I have to find some1 to host them first eh?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

yep.

then you can either to them like so:

[url=http://www.mywebsite.com/photo.jpg]clicky[/url]

or if they aren't too big (ie: height & width [b]AND[/b] file size) you can embed them in a post like so:

[img]http://www.mywebsite.com/photo.jpg[/img]
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

BorislavX wrote:DOH, there aren't a lot of people who appreciate Rooz :(, there is a forum but its virtually dead atm
me, i am, much more than valor. have all CD stock upto 92ish. including your avatar......and hence the invitation to suicide comment mr bux sir

*resists temptation to do dr suess for fear of another telling off*

none less cryptic :lol: :lol: :P
Goths have feelings too
BorislavX
Road Kill

Good stuff man!

I really don't like Valor at all. He has 2 or 3 songs that I can tolarate, but I don't think he is a talanted lyricist.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

there's a few valor songs scattered around the various albums that are quite cool - some of the stuff off "scriptures", a couple of others of that "wind kissed pictures" whatsit, some 12" tracks here and there, etc etc

i also have the first few rozz x'ian death albums/ep.s/live albums and they're "ok", but i could never get away from the impression that either rozz missed the point a little or that goth didnt really travel well over to the states back then :lol: :urff:

having said that, he ended up way less embarassing than valor and his psuedo-jaz coleman "end of the world in iceland" nonsense :lol:

bloody goths ;D
BorislavX
Road Kill

You can't really classify Rozz as goth. I'd say death rock. And I don't think he missed the point at all. I think he was right on point with songs like Romeo's Distress, The Drowning, Blue Hour, This Glass House, Spiritual Cramp, When I was Bed.... list goes on and on :)

Also, it might be worth your time to check out The Shadow Project. That stuff might be more to your liking than the early Christian Death stuff.

But hey to each his own! :)
rian
Slight Overbomber

randdebiel² wrote:
hallucienate wrote: Johnny Cash is God.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Yeah. Saw him live in Sweden 6-7 years ago. :notworthy:

And hi and welcome Borislav :)
I think someone set my soul alight
Andie
Overbomber

weird...but not strange...

Christian Death in a TSOM forum...now i know i must be dreaming!!

fortunately (or not) i have had the pleasure (or not) of actually seeing Valor's Christian Death live...i was disapointed...or was i?...

but yeah...Only Theatre Of Pain, Catastrophe Ballet, Ashes and Deathwish are still good albums...

still...welcome to you from where ever you now call home...
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Burn, I saw them at Planet X in Liverpool !

i liked early stuff better, i think... 'This Glass House'.. i'll be singing that now in school...

I have a friend called Roz Williams. I told her about christian death when she got married last year. she didnt get it.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Andie
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:Burn, I saw them at Planet X in Liverpool !

were you disapointed with them?...i was at first...then after a few weeks i kinda got it...

now tho...i could have spent my money on better things...

(and now i'm looking for something by them on my 'puter...all i can find is Believers Of The Unpure :eek: )
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

it was kinda odd. v small venue anyway. but had been into them for a few years then anyway.
the gig was really early. got back to work at the uni in time for load out for Balaam and teh Angel. odd night that
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Andie
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:it was kinda odd. v small venue anyway. but had been into them for a few years then anyway.

yeah very small pub for me to...in one of edinburghs less touristy areas...infact surrounded by stripers IIRC...nice :wink:

emilystrange wrote:Balaam and the Angel
don't ya just love the old days?...universty bands...ahhhh
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

saw valor & co. when they played the manchester international (2?) in about 92 - and sam donut's old band "redemption" supported them ;D :lol: :notworthy:

even got a few photos somewhere... :innocent:
BorislavX
Road Kill

weird...but not strange...

Christian Death in a TSOM forum...now i know i must be dreaming!!

:)

My 2 favorite go***th**cough*** scratch that Dark rock bands are TSOM and Rozz Williams version of Christian death and Shadow project.

I do not like Valor at all. I don't like his lyrics, and I hate the direction he took CD in. It's now basically Cheezy metal. Have you heard "Born again anti-christian" ? You havent? Well don't bother, cause it sux.

EDITED.
(and now i'm looking for something by them on my 'puter...all i can find is Believers Of The Unpure )
I have pretty much ALL of Rozz stuff which is A LOT. Including his CD albums, SP albums, and spoken word albums. Hell I even have his releases under the name Daukus Karota and Heltir.

I can hook u up with some music.
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Quiff Boy wrote:saw valor & co. when they played the manchester international (2?) in about 92 - and sam donut's old band "redemption" supported them ;D :lol: :notworthy:
Heh! Aye, that was a weird do! Mind, we spent most of CD's set admiring the bass-player's bottom-less leather chaps from backstage, as she jigged about. :roll:

Valor actually seemed like a really nice bloke.
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

BorislavX wrote:Have you heard "Born again anti-christian" ? You havent? Well don't bother, cause it sux.
Never a truer word spoken. Valor's a cunt.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
BorislavX
Road Kill

Heh! Aye, that was a weird do! Mind, we spent most of CD's set admiring the bass-player's bottom-less leather chaps from backstage, as she jigged about.
yeah, midori is really hot. to bad that her music is not.