floorshow dvd

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

just to recap, i bought a dvd bootleg a few months ago called "floorshow"

its the wake video, transferred to dvd - but done very, very, very well.

:notworthy:

better quality than my old "channel 5" VHS tape ever was, in fact!

the other note-worthy point is that it must have been ripped from the original cut of wake and not the channel 5 re-release because its got far less kerrrrazy swirly effects an' tings (as discussed on here some time ago) ;) 8)

thank god.

its bloody good in fact. its made me realise that i've only ever seen the channel 5 swirly version :o and while this one has its fair share of psychedelic 80s FX nonsense, its much more watchable than t'other one.

nice 8)

the only minor niggle is that the band photo on the back of the sleeve is of the vision thing line-up with tj, bruhn & brechiwhassisface :lol:

still, that complete balls-up gives it an authentic "bootleg" feel :lol:
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 15 Oct 2004, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
taylor
Slight Overbomber

weeding this

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

if i can just work out who i sent my forum dvd to, i'll gladly pass this on to someone who can copy & weed it ;D :lol:
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:just to recap, i bought a dvd bootleg a few months ago called "floorshow"

its the wake video, transferred to dvd - but done very, very, very well.

:notworthy:

better quality than my old "channel 5" VHS tape ever was, in fact!

the other note-worthy point is that it must have been ripped from the original cut of wake and not the channel 5 re-release because its got far less kerrrrazy swirly effects an' tings (as discussed on here some time ago) ;) 8)

thank god.

its bloody good in fact. its made me realise that i've only ever seen the channel 5 swirly version :o and while this one has its fair share of psychedelic 80s FX nonsense, its much more watchable than t'other one.

nice 8)

the only minor niggle is that the band photo on the back of the sleeve is of the vision thing line-up with tk, bruhn & brechiwhassisface :lol:

still, that complete balls-up gives it an authentic "bootleg" feel :lol:
The original source must be the Japanese laser disc then ...
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

ahhhh, interesting :notworthy:

in case anyone cares i've uploaded some quicky digi-photos of the artwork (can't be arsed scanning it in) here:

front

back
solitude
Road Kill

I can copy and 'weed' this one if you want?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

jansenclone's "re-worked for dvd" take on the original "wake" artwork is much better quality than this version's sleeve, but the quality of the footage on this version is top notch. :von:

i'd recommend it to anyone.. i paid £12 for it from a 2nd hand cd (& bootleg) shop in leeds ages ago ;)
randdebiel²

can I get a non-weeding copy? seems the "dvd-burning" thing will have to wait a long time for me...
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote:jansenclone's "re-worked for dvd" take on the original "wake" artwork is much better quality than this version's sleeve, but the quality of the footage on this version is top notch. :von:

i'd recommend it to anyone.. i paid £12 for it from a 2nd hand cd (& bootleg) shop in leeds ages ago ;)
Absolutely QB. Got mine from Replay too. And it is highly stonking, better than the very fine copy on thr Wake / Shot + dvd that's kicking about.

Unfirtunately I ain't got a DVD writer either. Yet. How much are they these days?
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
hallucienate
Overbomber

I got one of these for fairly cheap. It seems to do the trick and can also write dual layer disks, but the dual layer media is extremely overpriced at the moment.
allfear

Hang about, i thought that the orig wake and the CH5 copy were exactly the same

matt
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I have a Wake DVD from eBay. Paid $25 US ("buy it now") from a guy in (I think) San Francisco. Picture quality is okay, but sometimes the DVD stalls and freezes up the computer about nine songs in. And there is a brief sound fade-out between Emma and Amphetamine Logic. Dunno which version of Wake I have, or how many versions there are.
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
Hojyuu-obi

Black Biscuit wrote:IAnd there is a brief sound fade-out between Emma and Amphetamine Logic. Dunno which version of Wake I have, or how many versions there are.
That's probably because it was made from the laser disc; after emma the disc has to be flipped

(Falaa>>Emma is on side 1; Araahp>>Knocking are on side 2)
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

How many typos are there on the artwork?
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

if you are referring to typographical errors, none.
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!