Battling the elements

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
lucretia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Okay so I'm from South Africa - we have extremes in just about everything - temperature, rainfall, political eff ups, road rage, Patricia Lewis ... all the usual crap stuff but this evening, I was real glad that I don't live in a wooden clapboard house in America, cos the mother of all electric hailstorms just dropped its entire load on top of my house.
It was fun, to start off with (I love watching Highveld lightning) but when the golf-ball hailstones started pelting my windows at a rate of knots and demolishing my back garden, I started to get a bit pissed off. Our road is now about one foot (for all you non-metric types) deep in white stuff. Our garden is completely effed to hell and gone, my dogs have gone into hiding somewhere, my new kitten has also scarpered into a cupboard and I can't find her anywhere but at least my house is still standing.
one day at a time
hallucienate
Overbomber

lucretia wrote:Okay so I'm from South Africa - we have extremes in just about everything - temperature, rainfall, political eff ups, road rage, Patricia Lewis ... all the usual **** stuff but this evening, I was real glad that I don't live in a wooden clapboard house in America, cos the mother of all electric hailstorms just dropped its entire load on top of my house.
It was fun, to start off with (I love watching Highveld lightning) but when the golf-ball hailstones started pelting my windows at a rate of knots and demolishing my back garden, I started to get a bit pissed off. Our road is now about one foot (for all you non-metric types) deep in white stuff. Our garden is completely effed to hell and gone, my dogs have gone into hiding somewhere, my new kitten has also scarpered into a cupboard and I can't find her anywhere but at least my house is still standing.
hey! my friend wore a Patricia Lewis T-shirt to a mish gig up there :lol: :lol: T'was a decent enough day in CT, just a bit of a chilly breeze coming in off the Atlantic.

Hope your kitty is alright, same goes for Charlize's Mom's place :wink:
lucretia

Very funny about the PL thing ... would have loved to have seen that!
We get all our s**t weather from you lot anyway.
one day at a time
hallucienate
Overbomber

lucretia wrote: Very funny about the PL thing ... would have loved to have seen that!
He still had it when I stayed with him for the NMA gigs in March, but he refused to wear it :(
lucretia wrote: We get all our **** weather from you lot anyway.
It hasn't rained here in ages, you must get your thunderstorms from elsewhere, it was probably Bob Mugabe's fault.
The Pope
Amphetamine Filth

In CA it was POURING (really pouring, not southern california pouring) all night long and into the late morning today! Last week we got a substantial amount of rain for about 2 days. No hail though :)

I love the rain, so it doesn't bother me one bit unlike a lot of people out here! Driving's a little scary, though...
boudicca
Sister Midnight

You're lucky, in a way. Weather events in Scotland include...
"Is it raining out there?" "Yeah, I think so"...
"Look there's a bit of blue sky up there"....
"It's getting a bit nicer out there - might clear up later on"
"Quite mild/ bit chilly today, isn't it?"

Proper weather of any description is bound to plunge our infastructure into chaos. Grown men and women run up to windows to witness the once-yearly event that is A Snowy Day, and as for thunderstorms... once a year is lucky.

Sun - :roll: don't even go there!
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
lucretia

Well at 1.30 this morning, the heaven's opened again and God decided to drop the entire contents of his toilet on Benoni (where me and Ms. Theron's mum live) ... afterwards, one lonely little bird sat shivering outside my window trying bravely to chirp his way dry.. it was quite sweet.
one day at a time
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

@ boudicca: I heard that you can tell what the weather's going to be like in Scotland thusly:

If you can see the hills, it's going to rain.
If you can't see the hills, it's raining.

;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

markfiend wrote:@ boudicca: I heard that you can tell what the weather's going to be like in Scotland thusly:

If you can see the hills, it's going to rain.
If you can't see the hills, it's raining.

;)
:roll: Yep, that's about the size of it. But we never get REAL rain like lucretia's getting... just widdly crap half-assed stuff.

It rains better in Germany. I think I'll go there... :wink: :von:
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

boudicca wrote:Grown men and women run up to windows to witness the once-yearly event that is A Snowy Day
Are you talking about my birthday? :D
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
James Blast
Banned

boudicca wrote:
markfiend wrote:we never get REAL rain like lucretia's getting... just widdly **** half-assed stuff.
dunno about that one boudicca I got caught in a very localised cloudburst in Cambuslang on my way home from work some 2 months ago, took me 45mins to do a drive that normally would take 10mins so many roads were flooded. When I got to my home the streets were dry :eek:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:
boudicca wrote:
markfiend wrote:we never get REAL rain like lucretia's getting... just widdly **** half-assed stuff.
dunno about that one boudicca I got caught in a very localised cloudburst in Cambuslang on my way home from work some 2 months ago, took me 45mins to do a drive that normally would take 10mins so many roads were flooded. When I got to my home the streets were dry :eek:
Ah, but Cambuslang's special, don't you know. It's one of the few areas in Glasgow I've never been (oh lucky me!), so I can't comment on it's bizarre weather phenomena. I always thought it was a portal to another dimension, you see, so I steer clear...
hallucienate
Overbomber

boudicca wrote: Ah, but Cambuslang's special, don't you know. It's one of the few areas in Glasgow I've never been (oh lucky me!), so I can't comment on it's bizarre weather phenomena. I always thought it was a portal to another dimension, you see, so I steer clear...
Are you also from planet d00my then?
boudicca
Sister Midnight

hallucienate wrote:
boudicca wrote: Ah, but Cambuslang's special, don't you know. It's one of the few areas in Glasgow I've never been (oh lucky me!), so I can't comment on it's bizarre weather phenomena. I always thought it was a portal to another dimension, you see, so I steer clear...
Are you also from planet d00my then?
I'm from Offically The Poshest Suburb In Scotland. No, not the Jewish One, the other one - it's marginally more wealthy, so there. :P Who knows where I am... come on, there's loads of Glaswegians on this here forum.
James Blast
Banned

the den of bears
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:the den of bears
I ain't sayin' nuthin'.