Another brick in the (fire) wall

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Lars Svensson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

George Bush's official website no longer accessible outside US...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3958665.stm

How very odd...
Amused to death...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I noticed that yesterday. I wondered whether it was someone at our ISP playing games!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
hallucienate
Overbomber

WTF?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

hallucienate wrote:WTF?
What? Why was I looking at georgewbush.com? There was a clicky to it on the landoverbaptist website. I assumed it would be (like landoverbaptist) a spoof site, but apparently not.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

you can if you go to:

www.the-cloak.com

then enter www.georgebush.com
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

CellThree wrote:you can if you go to:

www.the-cloak.com

then enter www.georgebush.com
or even www.georgewbush.com ;)

at risk of filling the whitehouse's http referrer logs and bringing down the wrath of the cia & fbi, clicky
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
hallucienate
Overbomber

b b b b b but why did they do it?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/10/27/bushwhacked/
The official Bush re-election website - which blocked access to most of the world outside the US this week - is still visible to Canadians.

We don't know if it's fears about future attacks by hackers, concerns about keeping bandwidth costs to a minimum or an aggressive response to pinko UK broadsheet The Guardian's recent shameful pro-Kerry political lobbying efforts in Ohio which are behind moves that have rendered GeorgeWBush.com inaccessible to world + dog. Or, to be strictly accurate, most of the world bar the US and Canada which is presumably considered bandwidth-friendly, hacker-free and mercifully bereft of pinko broadsheets.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/10/27/bushwhacked/
The official Bush re-election website - which blocked access to most of the world outside the US this week - is still visible to Canadians.

We don't know if it's fears about future attacks by hackers, concerns about keeping bandwidth costs to a minimum or an aggressive response to pinko UK broadsheet The Guardian's recent shameful pro-Kerry political lobbying efforts in Ohio which are behind moves that have rendered GeorgeWBush.com inaccessible to world + dog. Or, to be strictly accurate, most of the world bar the US and Canada which is presumably considered bandwidth-friendly, hacker-free and mercifully bereft of pinko broadsheets.
which is nothing but pure speculation :roll: :roll:
How many millions did the bush campaign raise? surely enough to host a website?
Do they really think that blocking non-US traffic is gonna stop hackers?
and was the Guardian's effort really that effective? :roll: :roll:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

hallucienate wrote:

yep, as the saying goes: "none of the above", i suspect :roll:
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

hallucienate wrote:

Which again proves the intelligence of this lot :roll:
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
hallucienate
Overbomber

Hojyuu-obi wrote:
hallucienate wrote:
Which again proves the intelligence of this lot :roll:
who's that? elReg or Dubya?
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

My response merely went out to this sentence: "Do they really think that blocking non-US traffic is gonna stop hackers?" so the anwer to your question would be: whoever decided to block non-US traffic to the website (I imagine it's not Mr Walker Bush himself :lol: )
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?