Early track guitar tabs

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Correl
Road Kill

So far Ive been unable to find tabs on guitar for songs like anaconda, Dance on glass, Lights, body electric or watch. Anyone have a site I could find these at?
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Correl wrote:So far Ive been unable to find tabs on guitar for songs like anaconda, Dance on glass, Lights, body electric or watch. Anyone have a site I could find these at?
Sit down with a guitar and work it out! :lol:

None of them are particularly difficult. Mind you, most of the tab I've found online always seems to be written by retards.

Ok, quick lesson:

Body Electric:

Main guitar line - d,d,d,d,d,d,d,d d,d,d,d,d,d,e,f a,a,a (octave),a,a,a (octave),a,a (octave)

Lights:

b,b,e,b,e,b,e,a,a,e,a,e,a,e,c,c,e,c,e,c,e,b,b,e,b,e,b,a repeat There are variations, but if you listen you'll work it out.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Correl
Road Kill

Thanks for Body electric and lights! Im going to try to figure out anaconda and a few parts of on the wire tonight, If I get anywhere Ill post them up in this thread.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Anaconda has 3 guitar parts.

The Bass Line
The guitar part that echoes the bass line
The lead guitar line

It's in the key of B.

Just remember there are very few chords in the early Sisters stuff, it's all notes. If you get some of the Anaconda demos, it makes it much easier to hear the guitar lines.

I never got round to working out On The Wire as it isn't a favourite of mine (not to say that it isn't a good song).
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Correl wrote:Thanks for Body electric and lights! Im going to try to figure out anaconda and a few parts of on the wire tonight, If I get anywhere Ill post them up in this thread.
or you could bribe paddy with a (non-alchoholic) beer or ten ;) :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

Quiff Boy wrote:or you could bribe paddy with a (non-alchoholic) beer or ten ;) :lol:
:eek: has Paddy changed teams? :eek:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

James Blast wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:or you could bribe paddy with a (non-alchoholic) beer or ten ;) :lol:
:eek: has Paddy changed teams? :eek:
like dennis law? :lol:

nah, as far as i'm aware he's just never been a big boozer :wink:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

Quiff Boy wrote:like dennis law? :lol:

nah, as far as i'm aware he's just never been a big boozer :wink:
I was thinking more of Sir Henrik of Larsson :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

£10 goes to the first person to produce an accurate tab for the Sisters version of Teachers...

:)
Correl
Road Kill

:notworthy: :notworthy: Gracias shadow smile. :notworthy: :notworthy:

Ill try to produce an accurate tab for teachers, I doubt Ill do a good job though.
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

Correl wrote::notworthy: :notworthy: Gracias shadow smile. :notworthy: :notworthy:

Ill try to produce an accurate tab for teachers, I doubt Ill do a good job though.
you are welcome !

I've been A guitar player for a long time now, but for the last 4 years I have not done anything about it.

The tabs of the sisters are close to the original, some are easy to play, some are hard to play, but it's funn to figer it out !
I was quite impressed until I hit the floor,.....Isn’t that what friends are for ?
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

i play the occasional bass (like a normal bass but not as often)
i like the challenge of just sitting there with it all turned up loud and when you get it right ................well what can you say(bring on the smoke machine put on the strobe....)
cant read music and still get confused about "keys"
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters