And..... relax

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Just stopped work today for a couple of weeks. Not going away anywhere but this is my first break from work in 10 months. :eek:

I think the stress was starting to get to me at the end. I was getting a bit grumpy and you know it's time for a holiday when your staff start referring to you as "Mr Moody McMoody".

And that's just what they said to my face. What they were calling me behind my back I dread to think...
анархия
James Blast
Banned

everybody needs a holiday, I've got a week coming up soon thank God
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
rian
Slight Overbomber

smiscandlon wrote:Just stopped work today for a couple of weeks. Not going away anywhere but this is my first break from work in 10 months. :eek:

I think the stress was starting to get to me at the end. I was getting a bit grumpy and you know it's time for a holiday when your staff start referring to you as "Mr Moody McMoody".

And that's just what they said to my face. What they were calling me behind my back I dread to think...
What are you going to do with your free time? Except for Heartland that is.
I think someone set my soul alight
smiscandlon
Overbomber

rian wrote:What are you going to do with your free time? Except for Heartland that is.
I have a pile of over 100 DVDs and around 30 CDs that I haven't watched or listened to yet (no exaggeration).

I have a horrible feeling I am going to lock myself in a room for two weeks with no human contact...
анархия
rian
Slight Overbomber

smiscandlon wrote:
rian wrote:What are you going to do with your free time? Except for Heartland that is.
I have a pile of over 100 DVDs and around 30 CDs that I haven't watched or listened to yet (no exaggeration).

I have a horrible feeling I am going to lock myself in a room for two weeks with no human contact...
Hmm, could be worse.

But, try to travel somewhere. Sweden?

:innocent:
Gripper
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

smiscandlon wrote:I think the stress was starting to get to me at the end.
Take it easy, and...what do they say..."work to live, not live to work"?
I got it completely wrong recently and have ended up on antidepressants and beta blockers after a particularly teeth-clenching night-time freak out.

So, enjoy your break...

Cheers
Gripper
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
James Blast
Banned

Gripper wrote:I got it completely wrong recently and have ended up on antidepressants and beta blockers after a particularly teeth-clenching night-time freak out.
I wish i couldn't comment on that one, sadly I can :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Gripper wrote:
smiscandlon wrote:I think the stress was starting to get to me at the end.
Take it easy, and...what do they say..."work to live, not live to work"?
I got it completely wrong recently and have ended up on antidepressants and beta blockers after a particularly teeth-clenching night-time freak out.

So, enjoy your break...

Cheers
Gripper
I intend to, cheers!

;D
анархия
DerekR
Doobie Brother

James Blast wrote:everybody needs a holiday, I've got a week coming up soon thank God
You need to plan your holidays a bit better and get yer erse doon here for the end of the month, ya tart!

@smiscandlon - I heartily recommend a few days in Amsterdam, that always works for me. Got three days booked there for early Feb in fact.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Like the saying goes:

No-one ever lay on their death-bed wishing they had spent more time at work.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ocean Moves

Greetings to you all.

(Well, most of you...)=

:notworthy:
rian
Slight Overbomber

Erinyes wrote:Greetings to you all.

(Well, most of you...)=

:eek:

Hi there
christophe
Overbomber

(Well, most of you...)=

:roll:
welcome on board :D

C.
Another Shade of You.
James Blast
Banned

you sneeked in the back door
~ Peter Steele
smiscandlon
Overbomber

(Well, most of you...)=

Oi! Don't use my "first holiday in 10 months" thread to introduce yourself!

:lol:

Ah well, welome to Heartland Erinyes.
анархия
Gripper

smiscandlon wrote: Oi! Don't use my "first holiday in 10 months" thread to introduce yourself!
Good to see that the holiday vibes seem to be kicking in. This post was decidedly more 'couldn't give a f***" than your original one. Enjoy the rest.
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.