New Model Army shop

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Hey people, has anybody here had any good or bad experiences related to New Model Army official website's shop - http://www.newmodelarmy.org/FHOME.HTM ?
I ordered the videos compilation, using my VISA card and now I noticed the amount has taken twice from my account (both time the money has gone to New Model Army Merchan\ etc). And in addition to this approximately the same amount is reserved (to weird www.newmode\larmy.org, not www.newmodelarmy.org) :urff:
Could it be just a technical error / technical errors?
Or could it be a hand of a bastard who has nothing to do with NMA site / shop, who has just copied my figures (I installed a firewall exactly the next day after ordering the video through the internet, yes, stupid me :oops: ).
hallucienate
Overbomber

I haven't personally ordered anything from them, but my friend has ordered loads of stuff, usually two or three copies of each (henve me not ordering). I don't think he's ever had a problem, even in the days when it involved sending your credit card details to a Hotmail address.

NMA don't actually handle the credit card side of things, they use a service on their behalf. I'd say e-mail The Shop and see what they say.
Ian - Rhythm Smurph
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Yeah - I've ordered a couple of T-shirts and some CDs from them in the past - No problems at all!
sisxbeforedawn
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I've oredred t-shirts and a video from them and never had any problems at all.
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

I've ordered several CDs, t-shirts and hoodies from them in the past, and never had any problems. In fact I once emailed them thanking them for their promptness and efficiency (I am very much of the opinion that we should all be as willing to compliment good service as we are quick to condem bad service). They replied to my email and thanked me for my feedback.

I'd definitely get in touch with them and ask them what they think. I'm sure they'll be as helpful as they can in trying to sort the matter out.
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶
pikkrong
Overbomber

Thanks to everybody :notworthy:
Today I received the video and liked it very much :notworthy:
And I sent an e-mail to the shop, too.
hallucienate
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:Thanks to everybody :notworthy:
which one?
pikkrong
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:
which one?
Here Come The War 8)
(well, of course, I'd be happier if there were more video clips :innocent: but I'm afraid they just don't have more)
pikkrong
Overbomber

And the shop team already ansered me telling:

"This is very unusual. We will investigate."

ETC
hallucienate
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:
hallucienate wrote:
which one?
Here Come The War 8)
(well, of course, I'd be happier if there were more video clips :innocent: but I'm afraid they just don't have more)
aaah, the one with Mr Jones wanting some shelter :notworthy: :notworthy: As far as I know they only did one promo video after that, for WW2G, I got it somewhere.
pikkrong
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:
pikkrong wrote:
hallucienate wrote: which one?
Here Come The War 8)
aaah, the one with Mr Jones wanting some shelter :notworthy: :notworthy: As far as I know they only did one promo video after that, for WW2G, I got it somewhere.
yes, the same :wink:
havn't seen the other promo video you're talking about
:?
hallucienate
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote: havn't seen the other promo video you're talking about
I downloaded it when it came out. I must have it somewhere on a disk, but it wasn't the most exciting video so I only watched it once or twice.
pikkrong
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:
pikkrong wrote: havn't seen the other promo video you're talking about
I downloaded it when it came out. I must have it somewhere on a disk, but it wasn't the most exciting video so I only watched it once or twice.
Could you let me know if you have found it? :innocent:
Hapcibeno
Road Kill

hallucienate wrote:
pikkrong wrote:
hallucienate wrote: which one?
Here Come The War 8)
The WW2G video is not the only one
A promo video exists for a stupid remixed version of Refugee, but not for the great original one.
I downloaded years ago in WMA format and I could upload it to somewhere if interested...