Lucretia 2004 Remake

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
fiberlinewhore
Road Kill

Just wanted to let everyone know that fiberlineaudio.com recording artist Jay Blaq has taken on the remake of Lucretia (My Reflection). The Scott Stubbs remix is now available for download at www.fiberlineaudio.com. We hope you enjoy the revamp of this classic sisters tune! Keep checking back for new mixes from LP, Patrick Scott, Goldfish, and Jay Blaq's original cover version.

I don't like to spam but i figured this might be the only way you would even know these mixes exist!

Jay Blaq feat. Patrick Scott "LUCRETIA" 2004 mixes

:notworthy:
www.fiberlineaudio.com
hallucienate
Overbomber

dodgy
electro
goth
covers :urff:
fiberlinewhore
Road Kill

Could be the case. Mr Patrick Scott did do quite a job on the vocals for Mr Blaq's remake. All in all we hope to have some very interesting mixes in the months to come.... thanks for checking it out!
fiberlinewhore
Road Kill

it sounds like you didnt care for it too much, we're you moved by any of the rock acts? Glitter Guns, Jasta Division?
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Well, i liked it...found it to be very refreshing. It's decidedly different from the original which is always a good thing, mere remakes are useless. Don't care for electro at all in general (Coil, Clock Dva et the likes are an exception), and i'm sure i wouldn't like rest of their stuff, but it's certainly a well made remix.

dei
we've got beer and we've got fuel
fiberlinewhore
Road Kill

thanks ... just wait till you hear the LP remix of it... it's twisted darkbreaks with with plenty off cut up parts, stutters, vocal twists and more... it's currently in production and should make the site within the next 2 weeks... we are all quite honored to be taking a stab at one of the classic sisters tracks..... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Hmmm not my cup of tea.
It's got that repetitive "unsss, unsss, unsss, unsss... etc" beat that all "dance" remixes have. :urff:

Best Sisters remix I've heard is Izzyhavemercy's mix of Burn. :notworthy:
The Scene won't save you...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Scardwel wrote:Hmmm not my cup of tea.
It's got that repetitive "unsss, unsss, unsss, unsss... etc" beat that all "dance" remixes have. :urff:

that is the norm for genre they're working within though, isn't it? to be fair...

not to have a 909 bass drum pounding away on a dance track would be like a goth track not having a drum machine, or not having a flanged bass ;) :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

just to clear up anyone's confusion, i think its worth pointing out that its not a remix. it a remake. a cover version.

thus its always going to sound different to the real thing. thats the point innit, surely? to bring a fresh approach to a tune. a different interpretation?

otherwise you might as well get the merry thoughts :urff: or one of those dodgy cleopatra bands to cover the sisters... :roll:

that said, i'm not really a fan of that style of dance stuff - i prefer my techno a little more minimal, a bit more stripped down, a la derek carter, juan atkins, etc etc

it not really appropriate to compare it to izzy's drum n bass cut-up sample-frenzy version of burn as that was a straight (!) remix...

but hey, its a very polished version with a definite groove. and it hurtles a long at a fair old pace! good luck with it 8)
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Which proves again...

When a very integer human being like Scardwel prefers my sunday-afternoon pastimes above a million-dollar production, there is still hope :-)

Now, I listened to it myself, and indeely doodly, I'm getting fed up with this totally uninspired drumsounds. Try to be original for a change. Such a pity it is just 'more from the same', heard this a gazillion times before.

Production and mix/master is far better than the used sounds and beats, but I'm also used to that in the industrial/electro scene.

All in all, it could be a floor-filler in the clubs, just like Dirty Funker's Alice remix and that Work it Alice mashup thingie (which I really start to like, strangely enuff!)

Thanx for sharing anyways!

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

f**king rubbish.

D- must try harder.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Scardwel wrote:Hmmm not my cup of tea.

Where is that? I want to listen to it. And then try and make one myself.
fiberlinewhore
Road Kill

Thanks for your honest opinons about the lucretia remake. most of the remixes are dj and dance driven but Im sure at least one will surprise you.

:twisted:
slicepack
Amphetamine Filth

The delay on the vocals isn't in time, the guitar tracks are nicely done, but considering the bass line is the song I think you were unwise not to use it. Without it it's just someone growling along to a drum loop, with some extraneous spacey over-chorussed guitar.

i dont see a real problem with the delays.... its techno....
as far as the bassline goes of course scott was making a dj mix for djs by a dj. the bassline finally comes in at the breakdown. the predictable single note delayed bass throbs quite well for dj purposes.
as i noted this is not the only or best remake we have... lp, patrick scott, marq, goldfish and jay blaq's original concept version will all be released by jan.

we would really be interesed in doing a real remix using andrews vocal. if anyone on this board knows how to contact him about doing so please let him know we really want to bring back or bastardize a couple of his tunes :)

none of this stuff will ever be better than the original and trust me from a writers point of view... if you love the original, yours will never be good enough!

why do you think jay blaq's original isn't out...... :)

Jay :twisted: Blaq
www.fiberlineaudio.com
-bet it all on blaq

well nice that i stumble upon this board. i really dig merciful releases!
keep the support strong!
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

fiberlinewhore wrote:we would really be interesed in doing a real remix using andrews vocal. if anyone on this board knows how to contact him about doing so please let him know we really want to bring back or bastardize a couple of his tunes
i think at the mere mention of it he'd bastardize you...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Barracuda wrote:
fiberlinewhore wrote:we would really be interesed in doing a real remix using andrews vocal. if anyone on this board knows how to contact him about doing so please let him know we really want to bring back or bastardize a couple of his tunes
i think at the mere mention of it he'd bastardize you...
depends...

von seems to have some kind of pathological hatred of anyone who willingly calls themself a goth, and a dislike of anything even vaguely resembling "darkling" but when it comes to be able to tell who's really just a goth making techno he seems unable to distinguish the real technoheads from the goffs with synths :lol:

look at the european goth festies he's played in recent years: he's obviously in denial about what "goth" is these days and has somewhow managed to put his blinkers on and ignore the fact that "EBM" has become some laughable pastiche of techno as made by dodgy european psuedo-goths with an unnatural love of disco ;)

if you pitched it to him in the right way i reckon he'd approve.

sad tw*t :lol:
fiberlinewhore
Road Kill

well let me ask kindly,

I would really like to get my best artists to remix DOMINION. We will probably do this as the follow up to our remixes of Lucretia. If Andrew would get us the parts we could really make some wicked mixes and bring back the sisters of mercy name to alot of new kids that have never listened yet! My best idea would to do an album of remixes like the just released Thrill Kill Kult remixes album done by Pete Bones of Red Ant Records. With this said.... If Andrew contacts me and says lets go for it -WICKED- If he contacts and says he disagrees with me doing covers of his songs we will stop.... Its his soul, heart, and music so whatever his take on it I will agree. Just to clear everything up too - we did the correct mechanical licensing of Lucretia and have done everything to be 100% legal instead of just bottlegging 1,000 white label records and selling them.
Gary
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Well its different, actually i quite like it..
Dark
Underneath the Rock

If you can get him to accept your offer, you deserve a huge amount of sales for your effort.

And :notworthy: at Gary's av.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I quite like it, I could imagine dancing to it if I could imagine dancing at all. I like the second half most.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
fiberlinewhore
Road Kill

Yeah, alot of hardwork and time went into it. I started messing around with a dark sounding tune last year and then crashed from the night and listened to floodland as I dozed. The next day working on the song. I started messing with the bassline and melody and quickly called Patrick Scott on the phone. The next day he arrived with his spot on vocal and guitar work.... I hammered away for a week then - ugh lost in the mix... feelings of this isnt what I wanted to happen... on the shelf! Enter Scott Stubbs Remix.... Over all good and dark and a fun tune overall. I was all done in Logic Audio on Mac and PC with the mixdown and mastering taking place at solid sound studios in Los Angeles.

If anyone here facys production and would like to do us a mix for potential release - please speak up.... We have a few more mixes being turned in but I think a good remix from a true sisters fan would be nice.

Still waiting for LP to submit their remix, but just wait... Breakbeats cut up and mased up, The bassline twisted and deep, the vocals processed and re processed, vocoded, stuttered, cut up, and completely work.... Its some downright dark ass s**t (but nothing will ever be the orginal).

Jay
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Should I? ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Should I? ;D

IZ.
If you do, then I'll be rerecording Fix to balance it all out. :)
Big Si
School Bully

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Should I? ;D

IZ.
A Reggae version of Nine While Nine please! :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis