Josh Grubin plays SA - yay!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
lucretia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

F U C K
I'm going to kill myself.
one day at a time
James Blast
Banned

who the feck is Josh Grubin?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
lucretia

James Blast wrote:who the feck is Josh Grubin?

Some twenty odd year old crooner who is a big hit with all the tannies (read: aunties and grannies) in the Platteland (read: out in the sticks/styxx) .. he's American or summat and I think I spelt his name wrong.
Hal will know. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
one day at a time
lucretia

Er, I'm being sarcastic
Yeah, yeah ... sarcasm being the lowest form ... blah blah.
one day at a time
hallucienate
Overbomber

lucretia wrote:
James Blast wrote:who the feck is Josh Grubin?

Some twenty odd year old crooner who is a big hit with all the tannies (read: aunties and grannies) in the Platteland (read: out in the sticks/styxx) .. he's American or summat and I think I spelt his name wrong.
Hal will know. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
no he won't :P
Dark
Underneath the Rock

lucretia wrote:Er, I'm being sarcastic
Yeah, yeah ... sarcasm being the lowest form ... blah blah.
Phrase: Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit
Retort: And obviously the funniest.
James Blast
Banned

Google doesn't even know him, Shock!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Justj0hn
Amphetamine Filth

Be very fortunate that you have no clue who Josh Groban is, Mr. Blast. Audio colitis he is.

j0hn.......
lucretia

Justj0hn wrote:Be very fortunate that you have no clue who Josh Groban is, Mr. Blast. Audio colitis he is.

j0hn.......

Cringeworthy muzak crap - that's about the sum of it and just about all we EVER see here in SA.

Just once it would be nice to see Computicket advertising somebody really worthwhile - i could send them a list but it wouldn't do no good.
You guys over the water should never EVER moan about bands you are seeing, even if they completely suck on the night - you don't realise how fortunate you are.

I've been trying to get Ministry here for the past year and a half - last thing Angie Jourgensen told me was that they were in negotiations to set up a new Southern Hemisphere promoter and he'd call me ... which is something akin to "cheque's in the post" - cos it hasn't happened and I'm sick of nagging them (the Jourgensen's that is) - they are such nice folks.
one day at a time
hallucienate
Overbomber

lucretia wrote:
Justj0hn wrote:Be very fortunate that you have no clue who Josh Groban is, Mr. Blast. Audio colitis he is.

j0hn.......

Cringeworthy muzak crap - that's about the sum of it and just about all we EVER see here in SA.

Just once it would be nice to see Computicket advertising somebody really worthwhile - i could send them a list but it wouldn't do no good.
You guys over the water should never EVER moan about bands you are seeing, even if they completely suck on the night - you don't realise how fortunate you are.

I've been trying to get Ministry here for the past year and a half - last thing Angie Jourgensen told me was that they were in negotiations to set up a new Southern Hemisphere promoter and he'd call me ... which is something akin to "cheque's in the post" - cos it hasn't happened and I'm sick of nagging them (the Jourgensen's that is) - they are such nice folks.
You can try contacting these guys they brought Sepultura and some other metal bands here.
Justj0hn
Amphetamine Filth

Jourgensen and co. will be in spitting distance of my house early December. I was going to go being that the other incentive was Thrill Kill Kult on the bill....but they pulled out for whatever reason.

I'm not too thrilled with anything Ministry has done within the past decade which is why I'm hesitant. For the record I'm leaning more towards a "yes".

J.j.......
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

hallucienate wrote:You can try contacting these guys they brought Sepultura and some other metal bands here.
Hey, stick to the local bands that rock :innocent:

Yes, for whatever reason stumbled across that thread this morning and had a chuckle or two ... 8)
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
hallucienate
Overbomber

JB wrote:Yes, for whatever reason stumbled across that thread this morning and had a chuckle or two ... 8)
JB's enduring memory of his trip to SA :roll: :roll:
do you want me to try get you a live audience recording?
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

hallucienate wrote: do you want me to try get you a live audience recording?
Nah, I've got the 18.06.04 Sun City boot. 'No Trade' unfortunately, but for Bradford 84, Deinze 84 and Wroclaw 91 I could be persuaded. Maybe. :innocent:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
hallucienate
Overbomber

JB wrote:
hallucienate wrote: do you want me to try get you a live audience recording?
Nah, I've got the 18.06.04 Sun City boot. 'No Trade' unfortunately, but for Bradford 84, Deinze 84 and Wroclaw 91 I could be persuaded. Maybe. :innocent:
i'll have to skip that one :lol: :lol: