Polyphonic Ringtones

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Lamia
Amphetamine Filth

I bloody hate em!

Why cant i get a decent ringtone for my new mobile ffs?! :urff:

I cant seem to be able to transfer my ringtones from my old phone onto this one and im a tad peeved about it!

Any suggestions for a decent ringtone? Or a decent site to obtain them from? Have so far paid £20 for 4 ringtones that sound absolutely shyte!

They all sound like bloody 'muzak' style cabaret tunes! :evil:
Intimations of mortality are all about me.....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

If you have WAP on your phone, point the WAP browser at http://www.markfiend.com/fone/main.wml
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Lamia
Amphetamine Filth

Ooer i think i have WAP Mr Fiend, but i've never actually used it! :eek:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Ah. Problems then. ;D There's three ways (as far as I know) to get a ringtone onto a phone:

1) Sent by SMS. But this only works with the monophonic tones. And they're shit ;)
2) Download from a WAP site
3) Transfer straight from your computer (either by data-cable or Bluetooth)

You could try following my less-than-clearly expressed instructions Here to get a tone off my WAP site :|
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Lamia
Amphetamine Filth

I owe you one!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

No problem ;D
—Bertrand Russell
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

excellent midi files young sir. :notworthy:
i may find myself importing them into cubasis and tinkering. :innocent:
let me see if i can find that light programming software i had once....oh yes and my smoke machine....oh look an old strobe
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i had roobarb and custard on mine... just have it on vibrate now.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

nigel d wrote:excellent midi files young sir. :notworthy:
:oops: I can't take credit for them. When I was setting up my WAP thingy back in the dim and distant past (well, last year) a certain be-quiffed one sent me a big zip-file of Sisters midis he'd collected from I know not where.
—Bertrand Russell
hallucienate
Overbomber

my phone says it's it supports midi ringtones and it'll preview them, but when it comes to someone phoning me it chickens out and plays a crappy default tune. These days I just stick to MP3s for ringtones and .amr files for text messages (INCOMING!!!!)
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

I have a lovely picture and ringtone from your great WAP site Mark. Although some of the tones don't work!
Only a paand.
Lamia
Amphetamine Filth

emilystrange wrote:i had roobarb and custard on mine... just have it on vibrate now.
That's the one i was after Ms Strange, but every bloody site i visited made it sound too slow - it was bloody awful :(
Dark Angel
Amphetamine Filth

cool mark! :D

*runs off to get her phone*
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:a certain be-quiffed one sent me a big zip-file of Sisters midis he'd collected from I know not where.
here: clicky :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

How do I make them louder? I've had to resort back to my Silent Hill Theme tune as it's the only one I can hear from different rooms in the house.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

CellThree wrote:How do I make them louder?
Turn the ringer volume on your phone up? :lol: Seriously though, sorry, don't know. :oops:

Nice avatar btw ;)
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

they're just midi files so you could probably just open them in a midi editor such as cubase and increase the overall volume, or the individual instruments' velocity if a general volume boost isn't possible.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?