Just a suggestion....

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
slicepack
Amphetamine Filth

Now that Nine Inch Nails have re-released 'The Downward Spiral' in remastered SACD and 5.1 Surround DVD formats (and that album is ten years old), maybe now is the time to bung out a 5.1 version of Floodland.

Can you imagine?

yes good idea... even better 6 months prior a new album! AND A TOUR!
Jay Blaq
www.fiberlineaudio.com
-bet it all on blaq
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oh ffs what is the point of SACD or 5.1 surround sound? Does it actually sound that much better than stereo? (Especially in the smallish rooms that I'd imagine most of us have our stereos in.)

A 5.1 re-release of Floodland would be seen in some camps as just another excuse to fleece the (ever-dwindling) fanbase. :x

An album of the "new" material would be preferable thank you. Or even an album of genuinely new material. :roll:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Or, how about re-release Shot on DVD with commentaries, interviews, documentaries, behind the scene footage from Petra.
nigel d

The Green Lantern wrote:Or, how about re-release Shot on DVD with commentaries, interviews, documentaries, behind the scene footage from Petra.
just how does von go to the toilet?

detracts from the music

the pop video is probaly the worst thing to ever happen to the MUSIC industry.

i look at the pictures in my head....they dont cost anything.......and they are probably better ;D
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
hallucienate
Overbomber

nigel d wrote:i look at the pictures in my head....they dont cost anything.......and they are probably better ;D
is it available for download?
nigel d

"pass me the probes Igor"

"yeth Mathter"...(limps to the base of the lightning conductor....)
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

SACD or 5.1 surround sound.
Wasn't there something called 'quadraphonic' sound in the seventies (sound split into 'four' channels as the word says)?
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
nigel d

yes there was.dont remember it being too popular.
expensive i believe.
you can stil get that pseudo 3d sound thing too.
the eurythmics used it on one of their albums a few years back.something like extended stereo
hallucienate
Overbomber

I've got Johnny Cash's "Live In San Quentin" on Quadrophonic, but I don't have an adaptor to listen to it, so it just comes out as stereo. Still a damn fine recording though :notworthy:
nigel d

http://www.wendycarlos.com/surround/sur ... ml#optquad

this is quite good about "true" quadraphonic
Hojyuu-obi

hallucienate wrote:I've got Johnny Cash's "Live In San Quentin" on Quadrophonic, but I don't have an adaptor to listen to it, so it just comes out as stereo. Still a damn fine recording though :notworthy:
Is that the performance in prison/jail house?
hallucienate
Overbomber

Hojyuu-obi wrote:
hallucienate wrote:I've got Johnny Cash's "Live In San Quentin" on Quadrophonic, but I don't have an adaptor to listen to it, so it just comes out as stereo. Still a damn fine recording though :notworthy:
yup, there is San Quentin and Folsom, both live recordings in front of a prison audience :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

I got Mike Oldfart's Boxed in Quardrophonic back in the 70s: Tubular Bells; Hergest Ridge; Ommadawn and a collection Collaborations. The vinyl hasn't stood the test of time as it was prone to serious ware with each playing.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Hojyuu-obi

hallucienate wrote:
Hojyuu-obi wrote:
yup, there is San Quentin and Folsom, both live recordings in front of a prison audience :notworthy:
Cool! must check that one out ...
slicepack
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Oh ffs what is the point of SACD or 5.1 surround sound? Does it actually sound that much better than stereo?
Hell yeah.

I get a headache when Depeche Mode do weird things with stereo, let alone surround.

Having said that, how about a version of Ribbons where "INCOMING!" comes out of a random speaker each time? Now that would be cool... for a few minutes at least :D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

slicepack wrote:
markfiend wrote:Oh ffs what is the point of SACD or 5.1 surround sound? Does it actually sound that much better than stereo?
Hell yeah.
Fair enough.

Fooked if I'm laying out for 4 extra speakers and a 5.1 decoder though. ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell