Another cover song....

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
fiberlinewhore
Road Kill

yeah everyone im doing my best in the "rock" section.... as you can tell my tastes are very 80's and new wave when it comes to the bands im signing... i do like artistsic burn, glitter guns, and everyone.... its quite tough for these bands though on fiberline as most people who would be into their stuff dont really surf the net looking for places to buy mp3s as much as the "techno" market does...

and cell3 who is that a picture of? that picture is freaking beautiful!

thanks for your comments.....

heres another band i dig that is not on fiberline and does have free downloads:

faintingincoils.com

i guess for me some of the most influential bands of the 80s would be sisters of mercy, ministry, thrill kill kult, echo and the bunnymen, meat beat manifesto, consolidated, the cure, the cult, depeche mode, skinny puppy, cocteau twins, lush, my bloody valentine, new order, joy division.......

:notworthy:
Jay Blaq
www.fiberlineaudio.com
-bet it all on blaq
fiberlinewhore
Road Kill

also, and the importance of this aspect really should not be underestimated, a lot of 80s indie & alternative stuff is seen as being very classic, and therefore bordering on the untouchable as far as covers go - material that is so entrenched in a time of somone's life, buried so people's hearts and minds (as it were) that you cant really cover it because any new version just wont have the same emotional and cultural baggage as the original -
well let me explain just a bit about remixing 80's.... i feel about the same way... its a stupid thing... i would leave a nightclub if for 1 hour straight all i heard were 80s bootlegs and i have! i grew up listening to good new wave music and will always have love in my heart for these acts! the intention of my remake of Lucretia was to creat a new version for club play to make someone like me freakout at a nightclub when i heard those vocals come in... its suppose to be thrown in at the right time near the end of a night as a special moment for those of us in the know. i did all the licesing and remake work to assure that i would not just bootleg the song and steal the artists work. i do understand those of you who never really got into house music or "techno" and dont like "techno" remixes. i fully embraced the acid house scene in 1988 and by 1992 was way out of new wave and goth and on my way as a party monster in the club scene. my life took a turn and i started djing for about 10 years until around 2002 when i thought it just wasnt fun anymore as everyone was a dj and it being taken far too seriously.

i hope this explains why i did the remix and my true thoughts... and yes i feel that the scott stubbs mix of lucretia does not do the song justice... that is why my mix wont be out for a little while as it is very hard for me to finish a version that would stand the test of time and create a "good" dance mix...

as for other 80s remixes we at fiberline are releasing a slew of em soon everything from bronski beat, g&r, a guy called gerald, to oingo bongo... all of these remixes are wonderful dancefloor remixes that fit with the current club sound. again not intended to do any more than give a bit of a throwback to the music. and 80s remixes sell good! ive done so much in my life for the love of music and approaching middle age i feel that i do deserve to make some money for once. not a sell out, but more of some great reward :)

when i posted the lucretia rmx i thought i would hear alot of true sisters fans dis the mix as they dont get the whole dance scene, but i thought a few would understand and enjoy... and i thought it only fair to annouce the project to the true fans. we do have quite a few more mixes to release 1/2 of which will be of no interest, but im sure by the time patrick scott and i finish our mixes you guys might actually be surprised. the sisters of mercy have always been a very innovative act, we only hope we can do justice to their sound :notworthy:

as far as jasta divisions cover of echo, this has been part of the live show they do as a cover and i thought it would be a good song to release to bring a little more focus on the band and their original productions.

well thats enough typy typy.... thanks again for all the comments and keep them coming, feedback is wonderful!

AND THANK YOU FOR THIS GREAT FORUM and nice LOOK to THE BOARD!

Jay Blaq
drunk and part time wanker!
Jay Blaq
www.fiberlineaudio.com
-bet it all on blaq
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

The avatar is of Christina Ricci. She is fantastic.

I listen to a lot of stuff on various netlabels such as Thinner/Autoplate, Entity, Epsilon Lab, Real Audio. Some of it isn't so good, but a lot of it is really good and there are some very good DJ sets on the Subsource site http://www.subsource.de/ which use tracks from the above sitesand others. It's all mainly Ambient/Soundscape and Minimal House and Techno music. There is a guy called [in]anance who does some good music and also does a lot of the early Subsource mixes

I haven't really listened to much on your site, but I've hit a few random tracks and so far although some of them I would listen to , I haven't heard anything that has really caught my attention although I quite liked Jamagenda.

I think the major difference is that I'm not so keen on paying for MP3s (I'm a cheapass), and there is a lot of good stuff available for free (see the above sites). It's good to see that you sell high quality MP3s though. Most sites only have stuff coded at 192kbps. It may be an idea to sell stuff in FLAC or APE format as well to get the full quality of the recordings.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
fiberlinewhore
Road Kill

wow ricci - i always thought she was cute, but omg! thats amazing!
Jay Blaq
www.fiberlineaudio.com
-bet it all on blaq
fiberlinewhore
Road Kill

yeah flac is a good idea its just not as big as mp3 right now... on our new design coming in feb we will have flac and other formats + alot more. im glad you like jamagenda, me too.... im releasing their full album on cd in jan... that might be worht a pirchase from you :) - I understand your thoughts on not buying mp3s, before i did fiberline i never bought 1! but as our vinyl label baq velvet recordings suffers from file sharing sites likle soulseek, we decided to get in on the digital maket before it takes over in 5 years time.

ill be doing a promotion on here soon for a few free tracks so if everyone would let me know their favorite tracks ill post some promo links for your time

:notworthy:
Jay Blaq
www.fiberlineaudio.com
-bet it all on blaq