Live report St Vith, Belgium...

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Here it is. The Live report.
I'm bloody tired. Just arrived back from St Vith. It is 2.39 AM CET. I'm gonna make this as short as possible. Don't mind the typo's :grin:

Gig started at 23.00 CET. A lot of peeps came for the Sisters, almost half of the crowd wore the Sisters tees.

Intro: Doctor pounding away with a keyboard loop underneath. Heard it before a coppola times, but can't exactly remember when. I won't bother looking it up either.

Lucretia My Reflection: Andrew coming up, dressed in his already famous white tee, a lot of cameras to film the event. Rumours that this gig will be used for the upcoming DVD could as well be true... Bad and silent guitar sound. After two minutes or so Lucretia ends...

Crash and Burn follows, Ribbons after that. The sound starts to get better. Impressive lightshow... What strikes me is, that there is no video projection. Maybe the headliners are not worth it... Also happened yesterday with the main act.

Ribbons followed by Train/Det. Blvd, We Are The Same Suzanne, On The Wire/Teachers, War On Drugs, Flood I (announced as Flood the First) and Will I Dream.

Dominion/Mother Russia after that, concluded by Von saying 'The President thanks you' (or something like that, he was mumbling again) :grin:

Then comes Summer, Anaconda, Giving Ground, FALAA, Romeo Down and Flood II (NOT announced as Flood the Second, BTW)

First Break.

After that, Neverland and Temple of Love.

Second Break.

The gig ends with Snub Nose/Top Nite Out and Vision Thing, after one hour and a half exactly.

Forgive me when this report sound a bit clinical and uninterested. It ain't a lack of sleep alone, I'm sad to say. The Sister-machine worked. It worked well. Nothing more to say, no surprises at all.

It was a nice gig, with a lot of music, almost no interaction with the crowd and a funny feeling afterwards, sorta "Hey, I've seen this before".

Another band worth mentioning were Apocalyptica, right before the Sisters. Never saw them live, but they were great. Played a lot of Metallica-covers (as usual) and a hilarious Sepultura-cover 'Refuse/Resist' with the cello mimicking Cavalera's grunt.

You know, my first Sisters gig was as exciting as this first Apocalytica gig. I guess we Belgians are spoiled, after all.

See ya and good night.

IZZzzzz...Y.

For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
zigeunerweisen
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Sleep tight
Izzy HaveMercy

Thanx Zig,

You too....

IZZY.
zigeunerweisen

And thanks for the report :smile:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Agreed - thanks, Izzy! :grin:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Thanks Izzy :grin:

Sounds an okay gig. Sisters by numbers :sad:
Goths have feelings too
HisWimmNess
Amphetamine Filth

My report?

Well erm, it was very hot in Belgium.
We left at noon, and had a first stop in Liège.

And we left Liége at two in the morning :grin:

So, I didn't make it to the gig, but it seems I didn't miss that much, since it looks like a copy of the Bex gig?

Will order the bootleg anyway :grin:

nostalgy ain't what it used to be
Izzy HaveMercy

On Jul 29, 2002 4:59pm, Vision wrote:
Tx, Izzy. At MeraLuna I will certainly join you ... :wink:
Yup brotha, It's gonna be a fecken par-tee! :grin: GF ain't comin' with us ya know... :wink:

See ya tonight...

IZZY.
DrDoom
Road Kill

Just back from St Vith - Very much a copy of Bex,
I have to agree with all the reviews I've read from
this years tour - this really does feel like Sisters by the numbers, well executed but just a standard performance(if a high one) no suprises, no new songs, nothing special - even the T-Shirt is average.

dr doom - you know it makes sense.
Izzy HaveMercy

BTW, here are some pictures...

http://www.duckonline.be/Duck%20on%20To ... ndex_4.htm

Enjoy,

IZZY.

Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

On Jul 30, 2002 4:02pm, Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

nice.... :smile:

my fave?

http://www.duckonline.be/Duck%20on%20To ... cy%206.jpg
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Izzy HaveMercy

On Jul 30, 2002 4:06pm, Quiff Boy wrote:
On Jul 30, 2002 4:02pm, Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

nice.... :smile:

my fave?

I like this one better:

http://www.duckonline.be/Duck%20on%20To ... ku%202.htm

Very clear pic of Von in his brown tee and reflective shades...

IZZY.
zigeunerweisen

On Jul 30, 2002 4:06pm, Quiff Boy wrote:

my fave?

I want that tee
paint it black

[[/quote]
I want that tee

[/quote]

good to see the ol' star design out and about

maybe he thinks the new ones crap too })
Goths have feelings too
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Maybe Adam's T-shirt was the cause of al the internal strife within the band?
Von appears to hate nostalgia. :von:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Drsisters

Perhaps Adam needed to wash his cloth ? that´s why he used the old 91 sisters tee.
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
paint it black

On Jul 31, 2002 8:14pm, Erudite wrote:

Ah that'll explain the constant rush of new material and ever changing setlists then

:wink:

it's a joke

<font size=1>[ This Message was edited by: Paint it black on Aug 1, 2002 10:58pm ]</font>
Izzy HaveMercy

Forgot to post this, but found the Alive info booklet in me jacket the other day. It states:

"The band makes its live debut on February 16th, 1981, somewhere between The Stooges and Suicide, or Motörhead and Chrome. Marx has connected his guitar to a record-player pre-amp which feeds back uncontrollably and Eldritch has shifted the vocal echo into overdrive. It's metal dub without any spaces, on a shuddering mechanoid backdrop. In 2002, The Sisters Of Mercy start compiling some of their vast archive of filmed concerts for a future DVD release, and schedule festivals for the summer. It's worth mentioning that new and hence unreleased songs make up half of any live the Sisters Of Mercy set these days, although the classics get a good thrashing in rotation. Having derived their light show from the Big Bang (gleefully inventing rave lighting in the process), The Sisters Of Mercy see no reason to tone it down, and will be exploding in all their glory again this summer."

Then a quote in German:

"The Sisters of Mercy sind seit April 2002 wieder auf den meisten Sommer Festivals in Deutschland und in der Schweiz zu finden. Ihre Gigs bestehen nicht nur aus neuen und noch nicht veröffentlichen Songs, sondern auch aus ihren Klassikern wie "Temple of Love, "Never Land", "Under the Gun" oder "This Corrosion"."

Roughly translated that makes:

"Since April 2002, TSOM can be found again on most summer festivals in Germany and Switzerland. Their gigs do not only contain new and hence unreleased songs, but also classics like "TOL", NL", "UTG" and "TC"."

IZZY.

-= Don't say it in German, say it in broken English =-

* Avoid Assumptions *

<font size=1>[ This Message was edited by: Izzy HaveMercy on Aug 5, 2002 9:35pm ]</font>
zigeunerweisen

On Aug 1, 2002 10:57pm, Paint it black wrote:
On Jul 31, 2002 8:14pm, Erudite wrote:

Ah that'll explain the constant rush of new material and ever changing setlists then

:wink:

it's a joke

<font size=1>[ This Message was edited by: Paint it black on Aug 1, 2002 10:58pm ]</font>
;D ;D ;D