1985 Demos

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

thats interesting, whatever it meant. :lol:

as that particular remark wasn't officially captured for posterity, and as mr marx declined to go to the event, i would guess he isn't aware of the remark. whom ever it may be dedicated to.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

You know, I've heard that phrase before somewhere, and I don't have a bootleg of RAH... :roll: :?:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Maybe it was said at more than one gig. I think :von: did/does that from time to time.

e.g. I'm pretty sure that the thing before Heartland: "This is a song about speed, cars, speed, speed, and more speed. But above all it's about speed" is on more than one gig.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

And there's me thinking he was spontenously witty :)

I have a feeling, and I may be completely wrong, that line (Pete Best) is from a run out groove (not necessarily Sisters release). I may be completely wrong though.
Red_Kola
Amphetamine Filth

the-happening wrote:Pete Best wasn't a guitar man he was the drummer!
Pete Best fan club = in support of the first drumer. Go figure...
Red_Kola
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:thats interesting, whatever it meant. :lol:

as that particular remark wasn't officially captured for posterity, and as mr marx declined to go to the event, i would guess he isn't aware of the remark. whom ever it may be dedicated to.
Oh...
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

On the Mera Luna bootleg from 2001 Eldritch introduces Giving Ground with something like:

"How fortunate that I've forgotten what this song was all about .... but that's Mr Easy-going for you."

Mind your foot if you drop that irony. Sounds a bit heavy :roll:
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
hallucienate
Overbomber

andymackem wrote:On the Mera Luna bootleg from 2001 Eldritch introduces Giving Ground with something like:

"How fortunate that I've forgotten what this song was all about .... but that's Mr Easy-going for you."

could've been cos the Mish played the same stage earlier in the day. :lol:
pikkrong
Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:
andymackem wrote:On the Mera Luna bootleg from 2001 Eldritch introduces Giving Ground with something like:

You mean M'era Luna 2000?
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

pikkrong wrote:
hallucienate wrote:

You mean M'era Luna 2000?
Yeah, I think Hussey was in the audience watching the whole show. Although I heard that Eldritch told Hussey, since they were both at M'era Luna 2000 on the same stage that, 'You're as washed up as I am'.

Except, of course, that at least Mish fans have been rewarded with actualy, real CDs in the last decade, something Mr Easy Going is not interested in.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
James Blast
Banned

Pete Best Joke (there is only one these BTW, unless...)

Ringo wasn't the best drummer in the world.
He wasn't even the best drummer in The Beatles.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Ooooohhhhh! I always thought that joke meant that Ringo wasn't the best drummer out of John, Paul, George and Ringo. I never "got" the reference to Pete Best :oops:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell