How mad?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Sorry to the people who will read this in my live journal. But I'm that angry, I need to tell everyone!!!

This week. I will be mostly pissed off with couriers.

Last week, got home from work, to find a yellow calling card in the mail box. Parcelcrap™ had tried to deliver an item from ebay and I wasn't in. Fair enough!! I phoned said crap company and they assured me they would deliver it the next day. That was totally ok by me as I had all that day off. Waited in all day and it never came. Phoned them again at around 6pm. The lying bastards said that they had attempted to deliver at around 2pm. Of course I had to mention the fact that I had been in all day! All she could say was, "And there was no calling card?" NO" "Oh well that's odd". NO. No it isn't f**king odd, it's your s**t drivers being incompetent. Said they would deliver again the next day. Told them it would have to be after 4.30pm as I was at work until then. They said no problem. Same thing. No dress. No calling card. I was MORE than a bit miffed at this point and after being on hold for a lovely thirty seven f**king mins, I got through to some spotty (guessing here) youth who said, I could either come to the depot, or I would have to wait until Monday. Going on their track record, I opted for going to the depot. £15 in taxi fares later, I had the dress! *sigh*

I do not recommend anyone uses parceline.

Yesterday, I was waiting for my lovely new dressing table. Told them that they would have to deliver before 1pm as again, I was at work. No problem came the reply. At around 1.30 and after many phone calls, I discover that the driver was the other side on f**king Lincoln. The dressing table finally turned up at 5pm, making me three and half hrs late for work. f**k knows how I'm going to make them hrs up, but I'll have to. Now I'm off to work in a bit and the Sister wants a word *s**t self*.

NOT HAPPY

Awaiting the delivery of a tumble dryer on sat (which happens to be my birthday people so DO NOT forget!!!) I'll let you know how THAT one goes...........
Only a paand.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Bastards, the lot of them, I've had more than my fair share of run-ins with most of the courier companies out there. The worst are the 'stealth' deliveries, mostly on Fridays, when, rather than do their job properly they leave a load of parcels off the van "cos it's Friday, innit?" and then park the van round the corner and try to sneak a 'sorry, you were out' card through your door *very* quietly as you sit waiting patiently for your parcel. I caught one of them red handed doing this, that's how I know about the "Friday" thing....

Up against the wall, the lot of 'em!
Rivers
Amphetamine Filth

I'm a survivor too. I ordered a camera from a company late on a Wednesday afternoon. Although it was next day delivery I didn't expect it to come on Thursday and I was right. Home from work on Friday, Mrs Rivers informs me that no, it hadn't arrived. I rang the company I bought it from Saturday afternoon and was given Amtrak's number but they were closed till Monday morning. Not a happy bunny by now.
Sunday morning, knock on door, camera in hands of hungover Amtrack chappie. He said he was the driver from another area, ours was off sick. Hmmm, I was so happy at not having to ring Amtrack during my breaks at work Monday I felt almost pleased. Kind of Stokholm Syndrome effect there I think.
So it took four days for next day delivery. Nice work.
And we are nothing but experience in the eyes of nature,
And we will live forever in the eyes of nature.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I had an experience with the wonderful Royal Mail. :roll:

The card through the door said "allow three days before collecting parcel from depot". When I asked why it took so long, the guy in the depot said that it was because the postman had a couple of days off after the day he'd tried to post it, and so the depot had to wait for him to bring the undelivered mail back from home! :eek:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dark Angel
Amphetamine Filth

well I missed parceline on Monday and asked for it to be delivered today and here it is :D guess I'm just lucky...

However don't get me started on Maytag fridge/freezers :evil: never ever buy one.....ever!!!