Laibach - Thursday night!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Anyone going?

:D
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
rapture_radio
Amphetamine Filth

I saw Laibach here in Boston and I must say ....GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was once of the best concerts I have seen in a long time, when the women come out on stage it gets amazing, not just because I like German woman, but for what they did in and for the songs...amazing show
Gottdammerung

rapture_radio wrote:I saw Laibach here in Boston and I must say ....GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was once of the best concerts I have seen in a long time, when the women come out on stage it gets amazing, not just because I like German woman, but for what they did in and for the songs...amazing show

Actually the women are Slovenian (or close to that) as far as I mind, given that one is a former national swimming champion..

I've already got my fatiques and officer's jacket dusted down for the gig! :lol:
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
rapture_radio
Amphetamine Filth

Slovenian woman are still good too.....Ha, especially the blonde one in person, she couls have picked me up in a second...I mean lift me up over her head........weird, Laibach just came on my radio station as I was typing this...WAT
http://www.onisakti.com/rapture_radio.html

streaming Gothic/Industrial/Darkwave/Ethereal/EBM/IDM/Neo-Classical music 24/7
christophe
Overbomber

to be honest I can't remember anything from them.
I read they play at a place not far from me this friday . I have time, is it worth the money?
Another Shade of You.
rapture_radio
Amphetamine Filth

it is very much worth the money, great show and the songs that they do live (at least here) are great

Gottdammerung

christophe wrote:to be honest I can't remember anything from them.
I read they play at a place not far from me this friday . I have time, is it worth the money?
Well, their unique to say the least... I had been into them for quite a while before seeing them live and kind of dimissed their psychobabble concerning peformances as just that.. but then I saw them and realised they were onto something... the co-ordination between sound desk and performers is second to none.. the sound crept up with each song until at the end it was impossible to resist the relentless beat!

They are an experience live - as long as you can handle their take on murdering covers for the sake of art! (in the best possible way! :D )

Hunter S. Thompson
boudicca
Sister Midnight

I'm getting really jealous now.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Gottdammerung

boudicca wrote:I'm getting really jealous now.
They played Glasgow yesterday! :?

Hunter S. Thompson
christophe
Overbomber

I don't think I'm gone go.
I have a gig tonight and maybe one saterday. it would become a bit to expensive... :urff:
besides its sold out :innocent:
Another Shade of You.
Gottdammerung

Sold out?

Seems I got my tickets just in time then!

Will post a review tomorrow anyhoo..

Hunter S. Thompson
christophe
Overbomber

Gottdammerung wrote:Sold out?

Seems I got my tickets just in time then!

Will post a review tomorrow anyhoo..
the Belgian show is sold out :wink: (friday)
Another Shade of You.
James Blast
Banned

they flirt dangerously with the fascistic symbolism cf. the video for Geburt einer Nation
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

i loved 'em great live back in the day. not sure 'bout murdering covers, i thought they were great. one vision with the fascist symbolism :wink: was top :notworthy: :notworthy:

dunno if i could still listen to the entire sympathy for the devil lp though :roll: :lol: :lol:

but macbeth is still top 8)

have loads of press clippings and stuff somewhere. might try to dig them out
Goths have feelings too
rapture_radio
Amphetamine Filth

http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/default. ... ID=1014955

Tanx Mit Laibach he looks like Robert Dinero meets Bin Laden or something..it is great

Gottdammerung

paint it black wrote:i loved 'em great live back in the day. not sure 'bout murdering covers, i thought they were great. one vision with the fascist symbolism :wink: was top :notworthy: :notworthy:

dunno if i could still listen to the entire sympathy for the devil lp though :roll: :lol: :lol:

but macbeth is still top 8)

have loads of press clippings and stuff somewhere. might try to dig them out

By murder, I meant in a good way! Especially as a lot of songs deserve it!

Hunter S. Thompson
Gottdammerung

James Blast wrote:they flirt dangerously with the fascistic symbolism cf. the video for Geburt einer Nation
Interviewer: Are you fascists?

Laibach: We're about as much fascists as Hitler was a painter..

Hunter S. Thompson
pikkrong
Overbomber

Gottdammerung wrote:
James Blast wrote:they flirt dangerously with the fascistic symbolism cf. the video for Geburt einer Nation
Interviewer: Are you fascists?

Laibach: We're about as much fascists as Hitler was a painter..
so - talentless fascists? :innocent:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Actually their DVD which I got recently was much much fun :notworthy:
(and I hate the real fascism but I don't think they are f***ists, not even as much as Douglas P from Death In June)
Gottdammerung

pikkrong wrote:Actually their DVD which I got recently was much much fun :notworthy:
(and I hate the real fascism but I don't think they are f***ists, not even as much as Douglas P from Death In June)
Personally, I think the point is the ambiquity, reasoning as follows..

a)Hitler thought he was a great painter

b)Hitler was a crap painter

Therefore... go figure :D

The thing being though, that a lot of their (and Irwin's) artwork does feature anti-fascist symbols anyway so its obivous they're not in that camp, but to avoid falling into cliche you have to be earnest, which they obviously are!

Hunter S. Thompson
pikkrong
Overbomber

If I don't mistake years ago Laibach had a manifesto or something like that where they told about irony.
And on the bonus of the DVD they explain their position too. And that's NOT fascism.
(PS Yes, I got the point of the Hitler joke)
Gottdammerung

lol... just some people don't!

I've had 'artist' friends hold radically different views on them, some who think that the whole NSK thing a lot of pompous tosh, while others consider it high art...

me being a luddite think its great! :D

Hunter S. Thompson