Do any of you...

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Big Si
School Bully

Nazareth wrote:They are selling sisters t-shirts in Hellfire in glasgow, i just wonder how many people will buy them just for the cool logo and have no idea what the band are about!
8) That's 2 mins walk from my work! :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Apparently this year's "must have" t-shirt is the Ramones. I saw a guy wearing one the other day, went over and said "hey, you like the Ramones? Gabba gabba hey!"

The guy gave me a withering look and said "it's a fashion thing. Get over yourself." :eek:
Barcelona's full of kids in Ramones t-shirts. ever since joey died they've been fashionable.

not seen a single sisters shirt though.
christophe
Overbomber

Barracuda wrote: Barcelona's full of kids in Ramones t-shirts. ever since joey died they've been fashionable.
Barracuda wrote: not seen a single sisters shirt though.
:eek:
who is dead? :?
Another Shade of You.
James Blast
Banned

Johnny was the last one to croak AFAICR
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Elektra_byron
Road Kill

Scardwel wrote:there's one on Ebay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 41847&rd=1
thanks!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Shame it's so huge... :(
"I live not seeing stars
I speak not understanding words
I wait not counting days
till somebody breaks through this wall"
Rafal Wojaczek
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Big Si wrote:
Nazareth wrote:They are selling sisters t-shirts in Hellfire in glasgow, i just wonder how many people will buy them just for the cool logo and have no idea what the band are about!
And probably about one minute from mine!

(Is this the place next to the Army recruitment office?!)
анархия
Big Si
School Bully

smiscandlon wrote:
Big Si wrote:
And probably about one minute from mine!

(Is this the place next to the Army recruitment office?!)
Yip! :D

And the front window display makes it look more like an Anne Summers shop don't you think? :?
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

christophe wrote:
Barracuda wrote: Barcelona's full of kids in Ramones t-shirts. ever since joey died they've been fashionable.
... sadly enough it's better to ask: who's not dead ?

to answer your question: dee dee, joey
James Blast
Banned

Hojyuu-obi wrote:to answer your question: dee dee, joey
and Johnny
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:
and Johnny
just a few months ago, am I right ?
boudicca
Sister Midnight

I sometimes grit my teeth and slink in there, hoping to go unnoticed, trying to avoid any physical contact when brushing past a Slipknot fan. It's not all crap if you've got a discerning eye, but I've never seen a Sisters tee, and I'm usually pretty thorough going through rails.

Was it on the guy's side perchance? I get drowned in a so-called "skinny" tee, never mind a great big XL thing.

In other news, it really gets on my nerves when people who don't really know a certain band walk around in their t-shirts as "a fashion thing". Ramones, ACDC, Iron Maiden seem to be common ones. You know these people go home and listen to Destiny's Child. :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Elektra_byron
Road Kill

boudicca wrote:
Was it on the guy's side perchance? I get drowned in a so-called "skinny" tee, never mind a great big XL thing.
People's Republic skinny T-shirt is quite well-fitted, it's quite sexy too - shows off your belly button. And that other one I mentioned wasn't too bad either - but I don't think it was genuine, a friend bought it for me @ Camden market. I think when the bands are getting their Tee's designed they take average sizes, I'm quite tiny too.
"I live not seeing stars
I speak not understanding words
I wait not counting days
till somebody breaks through this wall"
Rafal Wojaczek
Nazareth
Amphetamine Filth

I was walking past hellfire when they were putting the sisters t-shirt in the window, i found it inside at the guys bit. Didn't buy it though, i already have a t-shirt similar to the ones they have.

I must have missed you in aberdeen then Erudite!
Correl
Road Kill

Living in the conservative southern US. I hardly even see people in Ramones or ACDC shirts let alone less famous bands like The Sisters. The cure came through here in august, I saw 6 people with Sisters t-shirts. I tried to strike up a conversation with all of them but 4-6 the six wouldnt even give me the time of day. Shame too, I got to talk to the one who's uncle gave him the shirt and the one that in the body electric shirt thats to stoned out of his mind to form coherent sentances. Here we have hot topic, Im not sure if thats the equivelent of hellfire in the UK. Its sort of like a convergence point for every nu-metal/rapcore fan in a 30 mile radius. I try to avoid the place but unfortunetly they have really good deals on bandshirts usually, I got a jimi hendrix t-shirt and a Ramones tshirt for 25 bucks.
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:Johnny was the last one to croak AFAICR
i'm getting on you know ;-)
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

You certainly see the odd one kicking around in Leeds. Most pleasing were this years Donington and the Motorhead gig in Sheffield the other week. Blooming hundreds of them, from all eras but mainly bootleg Smoke & Mirrors. I have to say I was amazed at Download. They really were everywhere.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
James Blast
Banned

Hojyuu-obi wrote:
James Blast wrote:
and Johnny
just a few months ago, am I right ?
Joey's pan breid too :|
~ Peter Steele
pikkrong
Overbomber

Can't recall I've seen anybody but myself wearing a Sisters tee in Estonia :oops:
Petseri
Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:Can't recall I've seen anybody but myself wearing a Sisters tee in Estonia :oops:
Not this time of year, at least! :!:

Martin
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:I'm probably the only person wearing sisters T-shirts around here for several thousands kilometers :roll:
Same goes for me, actually the only guy i see wearing a group t shirt
is a guy from Holland (i think) who s a massive Kraftwerk fan, he owns
dozens of Kraftwerk shirts,nice chap, about 45 years old and with 3 or 4
children :eek: Always wondered how he hasn t bought any shirts for his
kids...comes here every summer
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Hadn't seen any people in Sisters' shirt for ages, and then suddenly a few turned up at parties. Trouble is: Either I'm too shy to start a conversation (even the basic stuff like: Hey, cool shirt!) or their reaction isn't exactly welcoming... :?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

christophe wrote:
Barracuda wrote: not seen a single sisters shirt though.
Bela Lugosi's Dead. :von:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Petseri wrote:
pikkrong wrote:Can't recall I've seen anybody but myself wearing a Sisters tee in Estonia :oops:
Not this time of year, at least! :!:

Martin

Except Mr. Myself (the photo is taken a couple of weeks ago):

8)
Petseri
Overbomber

Yay! You have your Christmas avatar again this year.

Martin
Crystal Methedrine
Road Kill

Hi,
here in Milan, except me,....nobody....

D.