Andrew...and why U like him

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Elektra_byron
Road Kill

I'm too lazy to do that! Trying to write my sociology essay AND surfing the net at the same time... so, maybe you'd like to make my life easier? :-)))
"I live not seeing stars
I speak not understanding words
I wait not counting days
till somebody breaks through this wall"
Rafal Wojaczek
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Elektra_byron wrote:I'm too lazy to do that! Trying to write my sociology essay AND surfing the net at the same time... so, maybe you'd like to make my life easier? :-)))
if you promise not to tell, this is the last email address i had for andy

i'll remove it in a day or so, so his in box doesn't get flooded
Last edited by paint it black on 19 Dec 2004, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
Goths have feelings too
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

paint it black wrote:i'll remove it in a day or so, so his in box doesn't get flooded
what a disgusting concept :twisted:

paint it black wrote:Everybody knows it's BP. :lol: :lol:

well it's not bux, he's too stupid to be von
Dearest PIB,

I hardly doubt if I was Von I'd be drooling all over Mark Manning.

And bux is a she! So it's not her either.
Elektra_byron
Road Kill

villageidiot wrote: And bux is a she! So it's not her either.
Bux is a woman? :eek: If you are right she seems so like a bloke...
"I live not seeing stars
I speak not understanding words
I wait not counting days
till somebody breaks through this wall"
Rafal Wojaczek

Elektra_byron wrote:
villageidiot wrote: And bux is a she! So it's not her either.
Bux is a woman? :eek: If you are right she seems so like a bloke...
Smoke and mirrors my dear. :wink:
Correl
Road Kill

Personally, I think Andrew's seen the boards once but hasnt bothered to come back yet. But thats just one theory :lol: . I dont think he's registered though, or he'd of complained about the weeding section. He sued over the m*****n wanting to use the name the sisterhood. Anyhow, For some reason I just feel we can expect one last hurrah from Andrew and the Gang. Eventually all of us will have all the sisters merchandise we could ever want and his income will become nil so he'll have to do that or get a job. Anyhow, It doesnt matter since when they invent time machines we can all go back to Sisters concerts anytime :wink: . And intervene and keep the original line up together and get all new material :roll:
paint it black

villageidiot wrote:
paint it black wrote:Everybody knows it's BP. :lol: :lol:

well it's not bux, he's too stupid to be von
Dearest PIB,

I hardly doubt if I was Von I'd be drooling all over Mark Manning.

And bux is a she! So it's not her either.
Dearest VI

i know von isn't a nutter, so it couldn't be you :von:
Goths have feelings too
James Blast
Banned

controversial
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

If He really is aware of this place and the weeding section, my theory is that He doesn't stop us as long as it's a free (no sale) give and take and none of the recordings end up on e-bay.
After the thread I read somewhere else on Heartland about the contract with the record company I really started to believe that we'll never get a studio album again and I do now understand why.
At the same time I can't help thinking that in His wicked way He's quite fond of us (would never admit it though I guess) as long as we "behave", he likes the fact that we're (still) as much after His songs as we used to be when they officially did records, and that He doesn't mind us having the new songs recorded somehow, as long as He doesn't loose money in the process. And as long as nobody of us earns money with His property He doesn't. Maybe I'm completely nuts or I overestimate us completely - or both -, but that's the feeling I get when I see them live... He sure as hell wants us to keep the distance, but He does like us.

As to the question that started this thread:
I (still) LOVE Von and The Sisters mainly because they expressed the feelings I had as a teenager and still have up to a certain point like nobody else ever could. I'm sure I don't get as much from the lyrics as you native English speakers do, but what I got already is a lot.
Secondly being into The Sisters got me in contact with a lot of good people, who seem to be as crazy as I am or even worse. And that's a great relief.

Besides, as some of you ladies have pointed out already in such a nice subtle way: He's damn sexy. Still is.
And scary at the same time. Which increases the effect.

I think I should shut up...:-)

Eva.
You can't fix stupid.
James Blast
Banned

:notworthy: Eva :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

After all that, Eve, what else is there left to say?

Things for certain why I couldn't possibly be AE:

_emma_ said: "If there is a link to a silly local goth band in a user's profile, cross him out" and in both my sig and my profile there is a link to my band's site. :)

Von isn't 15, nor does he pretend to be.

I'm a goth and I actually say it.

I could remember Gary Marx's name if I was ever asked it in an interview instead of saying "the original guitar player. The guy who is now in Ghost Dance". Clicky.
Dave R
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

If you want a reaction, do what i did, advertise an ftp site, trust me, you WILL get a reaction......

certain people (ahem) come out of lurking mode and slap you on the wrists.....

Bastards.

Keep It Real :D
Keep It PWEI :twisted:
Keep The Faith :wink:
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
_emma_
Overbomber

Dear Dark,
the mere fact that now, at the end of 2004, you as a 15 year old person are interested in the Sisters places you far from silly in my eyes. Please do not take my comment amiss and happy belated birthday again.
Dear Eva,
you're soo right.
Dear PIB,
Lovely avatar!
What was that e-maill address again, storm@tea.cup?
paint it black

_emma_ wrote: What was that e-maill address again, storm@tea.cup?
find captain troy tempest and all shall be yours :wink:
Goths have feelings too
James Blast
Banned

Dark wrote:I'm a goth and I actually say it
Bloody Goths, they're everwhere I tell ye!

Repent!!!

:|
~ Peter Steele
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I think if Von wanted to make a stink about bootlegs, or even weeding, he'd have started long ago.

Actually, it makes you wonder when Von blames Adam for not putting stuff up on the website. I mean, they don't have a record contract, they're not getting a record contract--as long as it's copyrighted, what difference would it make at this point? Not even snippets? Is this implying that Von would embrace the net to distribute Sisters stuff?

I doubt The Sisters will ever agree to any type of contract in this age of digital madness and U2-model iPods. It's still a matter of getting paid for your pain, and the man clearly doesn't need the money. I think we will one day get a disc of Sisters songs of the last 10 years (Crash and Burn, Summer, Romeo Down, etc, etc) but more as an afterthought. Basically, they've shopped the band around since 1997, and there are no takers.

Of course, I'll gladly eat my words when Von announces The Sisters have signed with WEA again for cigarette money.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
paint it black

Electrochrome wrote:
Actually, it makes you wonder when Von blames Adam for not putting stuff up on the website. I mean, they don't have a record contract, they're not getting a record contract--as long as it's copyrighted, what difference would it make at this point? Not even snippets? Is this implying that Von would embrace the net to distribute Sisters stuff?
no,

yes,

yes,

Of course, I'll gladly eat my words when Von announces The Sisters have signed with *** for cigarette money.
get eating :von:
Goths have feelings too
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Black Planet wrote:Ok you all know I love Andrew. He's tall dark handsome...sigh..leather clad....more sighs...Gee just watch the This Corrosion and Lucretia vids...
I can't say more...except pick me up off the floor. :notworthy: :notworthy:

So,. for the men here..well just what is it about him that you like? And I know.....it's different for girls than men, but some bands get branded as girlie bands. And TSOM has not earned that moniker. Why not?

:innocent: :von:
Planet

Dunno about the "tall, dark and handsome, leather, et al " thing, but I guess he had the look happening. That's it! He was the only mid-80s performer who didn't have the fluffy/spiky hair. Are people still doing that?

I guess, for a while, Eldritch was making records exactly how I wanted records to sound. Macabre, in a word.

So that's really why. Plus the fluffy/spiky thing, of course, coupled with him also being the only mid-80s performer not wearing eye shadow. Even if Wayne was.

Today my favourites Sisters tracks would be Reign From Heaven, Body And Soul, and Marian, plus the occasional other one that hits the right spot when I'm in the appropriate mood.

An example might be Walk Away, although ultimately the lyric is too macho, due to it carrying an adversarial twist with the under-current of a person backing down in a fight/flight situation. (Guys with fluffy/spiky hair always do that, from what I gather.)
Last edited by Black Biscuit on 29 Dec 2004, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
Dark
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:
Dark wrote:I'm a goth and I actually say it
Bloody Goths, they're everwhere I tell ye!

Repent!!!

:|
Never. It was from a goth compilation CD that I found the Sisters, and it'll be a lukewarm day in hell before I repent for any one of my sins. :von:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

_emma_ wrote:Dear Dark,
the mere fact that now, at the end of 2004, you as a 15 year old person are interested in the Sisters places you far from silly in my eyes. Please do not take my comment amiss and happy belated birthday again.
Dear Eva,
you're soo right.
Dear PIB,
Lovely avatar!
What was that e-maill address again, storm@tea.cup?
I'll be mentioning it to the others. And may I make another blatant plug for the site, having been giving it some updates here and there. :innocent:
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Thanks, peeps, for the welcoming responses - and I thought I'd get shot for that long post... :notworthy:

@ Dark: and why can't I access that blatant plug? :roll:

PS! I used to be a GOTH for long years, and I'm still glad I was... ;D
At least I've got some old pics to scare future grandchildren off with... :twisted:
You can't fix stupid.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Eva wrote:Thanks, peeps, for the welcoming responses - and I thought I'd get shot for that long post... :notworthy:

@ Dark: and why can't I access that blatant plug? :roll:

PS! I used to be a GOTH for long years, and I'm still glad I was... ;D
At least I've got some old pics to scare future grandchildren off with... :twisted:
Umm.. you can access the blatant plug.. works for me. Just try again. Sometimes it doesn't want to. Mnid, I've just given it a forum and several (hundred) minor updates, so it may have been down for a bit. Try again now.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Eva wrote:As to the question that started this thread:
I (still) LOVE Von and The Sisters mainly because they expressed the feelings I had as a teenager and still have up to a certain point like nobody else ever could. I'm sure I don't get as much from the lyrics as you native English speakers do, but what I got already is a lot.
Secondly being into The Sisters got me in contact with a lot of good people, who seem to be as crazy as I am or even worse. And that's a great relief.

Besides, as some of you ladies have pointed out already in such a nice subtle way: He's damn sexy. Still is.
And scary at the same time. Which increases the effect.
I second that - although I'm not so sure about the people you've met being as crazy as you or even worse! Another thing that has kept the Sisters so interesting to me for such a long time is Eldritch's refusal to compromise to the point of bloody-mindedness. Going on strike for years and being so pernickety about record deals doesn't make for commercial success but for me it has preserved the Sisters, keeping the tension, intimacey and excitement that I've not experienced with other bands, particularly at larger gigs. I daresay there are other good bands who have followed a similar path and have survived it but I can't think of any.
claws
Amphetamine Filth

As resonse to the original thread question: The only thing I like about AE is his voice and the music he has produced. To list the things I don't like about him takes much longer time.
We are coming down but we will never, never land