FS: March Violets: Snake Dance 7"+12"

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Since I know some of you like the Violets, I found these today in our local retro-shoppe :-)

* The March Violets - Snake Dance 12" containing these songs:
Snake Dance / It's Hot / Snake Dance (extended) / Slow Drip Lizard

Cover used to be gold with a snakeskin-like feel and relief. However, the sleeve is rather far gone, it is faded and has a 1/4 inch indentation on the side.

The record itself is better off, tho. It is only marked with minor scratches, not really affecting play. A-side label: white with a black rectangle, three circles within the rectangle with intertwined snakes. 'Rebirth' 'A side' and 'RB2112 45rpm'. B-side label: 'A side SNAKE DANCE (extended) This side: SLOW DRIP LIZARD / IT'S HOT / Rebirth RB2112B 45rpm THE MARCH VIOLETS All songs written by The Violets. Copyright Control / Play Loud Play Purple 1983.

ROGI Side A: MPO RB2112 A1 Batfish Baby
ROGI Side B: MPO RB2112 B1 Walk Into The Sun N 1984

* The March Violets - Snake Dance 7" containing these songs:
Snake Dance / Slow Drip Lizard

Cover: idem 12" but this one is in good condition. Very light corner wear and a tiny crease on the side where the sleeve opens (about one mm big).

Record itself in very good condition. A-side label: white with a black rectangle, three circles within the rectangle with intertwined snakes. 'Rebirth' and 'RB21A'. B-side label: 'A side SNAKE DANCE This side: SLOW DRIP LIZARD Rebirth RB21B THE MARCH VIOLETS All songs written by The Violets. Copyright Control / Play Loud Play Purple 45 rpm 1983.

ROGI Side A: MPO RB21 A1 Shake Rattle & Roll
ROGI Side B: MPO RB21 B1

Anyone interested: any fair offer is considered.

Because you are all such nice people ;-)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

not only but also: clicky
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Beautiful. And I intend to go into town later and get Floodland, the new Siouxsie boxset, maybe a Motorhead album, and I'm gonna hunt down the March Violets CD. God knows where I'm gonna find it...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Dark wrote:Beautiful. And I intend to go into town later and get Floodland, the new Siouxsie boxset, maybe a Motorhead album, and I'm gonna hunt down the March Violets CD. God knows where I'm gonna find it...
botanic versus? you can get it direct from jungle records 8)

http://www.jungle-records.demon.co.uk/j ... page13.htm
March Violets - The Botanic Verses (Jungle) - CD FREUD CD042 £9.25
;)
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote:
Dark wrote:Beautiful. And I intend to go into town later and get Floodland, the new Siouxsie boxset, maybe a Motorhead album, and I'm gonna hunt down the March Violets CD. God knows where I'm gonna find it...
botanic versus? you can get it direct from jungle records 8)

http://www.jungle-records.demon.co.uk/j ... page13.htm
March Violets - The Botanic Verses (Jungle) - CD FREUD CD042 £9.25
;)
Ah, remind me later. I got the box set, but due to the fact that I'm usually quite poor, I banked the rest of my money instead of getting Floodland. I might get it for Xmas anyway, so I best wait a while first.
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

You can get The Botanic Verses fot the bargain price of £7.99 on Amazon.

Get some other stuff as well - free delivery on orders over 20 quid. :)

Paul
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I got The Botanic Verses for Xmas last year which was rather cool. Could have got a copy for free though!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:I got The Botanic Verses for Xmas last year which was rather cool. Could have got a copy for free though!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :notworthy:

has tom mentioned there's talk of them sorting out a "volume ii"? with peel sessions stuff & other bits from natural history & electric shades on it :von:
Hojyuu-obi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:I got The Botanic Verses for Xmas last year which was rather cool. Could have got a copy for free though!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :notworthy:

has tom mentioned there's talk of them sorting out a "volume ii"? with peel sessions stuff & other bits from natural history & electric shades on it :von:
bring it on :D :D :D