NTTC & WA ROGIs

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
LostInTheDrift
Road Kill

Hi there,

I can´t find any information on the ROGIs of the first 7&12" NTTC and WA pressings. Would be fine if someone could post the right inscriptions for me.... :|
THX
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Walk Away

7": "for spiggy" "gonzoid amphetamine filth is dead"
12": "for spiggy" "long live gonzoid amphetamine filth"

from clicky

also, from this very forum
Original Walk Away pressings have a mechanically etched ROGI and omit the DAMONT inscription ... reissues have a hand written ROGI + DAMONT.

No Time To Cry

Can't find any info on this one. My 12" only has "R/S Alsdorf 249117-0 A" on side A and "R/S Alsdorf 249117-0 B2" on side B, but it may not be a first pressing (it was bought in Germany in about 1989)
LostInTheDrift
Road Kill

Are you sure? I´ve seen these ROGIs linked to WA somewhere on the net, but I think this is a mistake as the TOL vinyls contain these incriptions already. Besides the repressings with machine written matrix number there are copies with ROGI 'DAMONT' as well. But I think these are not the originals.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Dr.Avalanche wrote:Are you sure? I´ve seen these ROGIs linked to WA somewhere on the net, but I think this is a mistake as the TOL vinyls contain these incriptions already. Besides the repressings with machine written matrix number there are copies with ROGI 'DAMONT' as well. But I think these are not the originals.
good point - just checked my copy of WA and it didn't have this inscription, but TOL did. So I take it all back. My copy of WA has the MR catalogue number on it as the ROGI. Serves me right for believing what I read on the internet.