Fake Ebay e mail

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Attention everyone,

last night i received an email from ebay that required an update from my
credit card (number etc)otherwise i d be thrown out of ebay.
The email was a fake, and it looked quite real.

Just be careful
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Yep, there seem to have been loads about over tha last year. I tend to get them from address's that are legit.... but never do what they say and nothing changes anyway..... odd.

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

I've had dozens of these.

If in doubt, just forward the e-mail to spoof@ebay.co.uk (or spoof@ebay.com) and you'll get a response back confirming if it is a fake.
анархия
Nazareth
Amphetamine Filth

i've had loads of them, the fact they asked for my username and password made it suspicious anyway, i ignored it and nothing changed with my account, i asked ebay about it and they said it was fake.

out of interest i filled in what they wanted (with gibberish!) and it went to a link that looked very authentic and they then asked for all my credit card details. Scary to think how some people could be tricked into giving away all those details, hopefully people are a bit more clued up nowadays though!