Speed up Firefox browsing

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

http://devnulled.com/archives/2004/12/h ... faster.php

Dunno if this works yet. I've adjusted my browser so I'll let you know.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Just tried it - haven't noticed any difference yet.

The problem is that once you've got broadband (my 700k connection realistically runs at 610k according to the rather groovy Firefox Bandwidth Tester extension) then the real bottlenecks don't happen on your browser or modem, but instead at the actual servers which can't supply the pages at the high speed your connection can download them.

Or so it seems to me.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I've noticed a difference on some sites that I know used to take a little while to load in the past so I think generally it is a good thing.
24.24.2.489 Deceased