three minutes

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

i'm about to fail to observe three fucking minutes of silence for the victims of the tsunami. not becuase i'm a cold, heartless bastard (obviously i am) but because i'm utterly sick of this overblown corporate grieving everytime there's a suitably photogenic "disaster". where's the silence for the dead in somalia? or the daily death toll in iraq? or the thousands who die every year on our own roads? and why three minutes when one minute was always a perfectly suitable length of reflection?
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Ah bollocks I had intended to do the same, but failed to notice the time. I ended up being silent by accident! :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

i merely dialled up the manic street preachers' tsunami on my spiffy new mp3 player whilst my colleagues sat in the dark contemplating their navels...
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

RicheyJames wrote:i'm about to fail to observe three fucking minutes of silence for the victims of the tsunami. not becuase i'm a cold, heartless bastard (obviously i am) but because i'm utterly sick of this overblown corporate grieving everytime there's a suitably photogenic "disaster". where's the silence for the dead in somalia? or the daily death toll in iraq? or the thousands who die every year on our own roads? and why three minutes when one minute was always a perfectly suitable length of reflection?
here here .
did just the same , had an instructional email circulated this morning, and like mark , just seen the time and was actually listenening to "summer" at qute a high volume in my little "test monkey" corner.
see earlier about the philippines .. no more coverage about there and i still cant reach my family on the phone /email
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

we never had any mention of it here at work. but then you cant take a bet on it so my bosses probably aren't interested... ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
nigel d

wow im amphetamine filth
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Congratulations!

I was stomping through a shopping centre listening to This Corrosion when the affronted stares finally ground me to a halt. Whoops.
nigel d

did you have to be still to be quite?
could we now have a natuional standing still instead of a silence?
does all work stop in this country to have a silence?
sorry your life threatening bleeding will have to wait...and stop whimpering man
Rivers
Amphetamine Filth

I'm sure the dead and the surviving victims will be really gratefull for the 3 minutes silence. Stop it now.
I was food shopping this morning and got away from the supermarket in time to avoid the damn thing.
Posturising helps no-one. Everyone should have given £3 pound instead, that would have been more helpful. :roll:
And we are nothing but experience in the eyes of nature,
And we will live forever in the eyes of nature.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm not having a pop at you here Rivers but I get a little concerned at the "suggested donation" approach taken by some charities.
The Bible - King James Version wrote:Luke 21
   1 And he looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury.
   2 And he saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites.
   3 And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all:
   4 For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.

(From Clicky)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i hate these things. i am able to grieve for the dead all by myself if i wish.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
nigel d

£3 insted of 3 mins perhaps was meant.
i give what can, if it there in my pocket and it is "disposeable".
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

nigel d wrote:£3 insted of 3 mins perhaps was meant.
Oh yeah. D'oh!
—Bertrand Russell
Thea
Overbomber

It really is the last thing they need.
"sorry - we're all out of beds and medicene, but some nice English people are going to be silent for three minutes!"
Nice idea, but lacking somewhat in usefulness.
I didn't say anything while the silence was happening, but that's because I was in a room on my own with a computer and would have looked like a nutter.
Screw silence. how about 3 minutes of "thunk - ching!"-ing at the nearest donation point hmmmm?
Francis
Overbomber

RicheyJames wrote:i merely dialled up the manic street preachers' tsunami on my spiffy new mp3 player whilst my colleagues sat in the dark contemplating their navels...
I see you've decided to start with the gags after all. And feed yourself the lines.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
nigel d

actually.....
i believe this mentioned as fund raising release on radio 4/2 the other day
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Well I talked to myself. AND walked around the place a bit.

I have made donation. I think three minutes of my silence would make not one jot of difference and if anyone tries to makes a joke about my silence being great etc etc......Well............Just DON'T.
Only a paand.
christophe
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:we never had any mention of it here at work. but then you cant take a bet on it so my bosses probably aren't interested... ;)
same at mine.
I'm probably a fool, but I simply can't see the point of quitting work for 3 min. and so making less money.
why not work 3 min longer (no one gone die because those 3 min.) and make a little donation...
:roll:
I suggested this at work, can you imagine the reactions I got :P
Another Shade of You.
zaltys7

christophe wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:we never had any mention of it here at work. but then you cant take a bet on it so my bosses probably aren't interested... ;)
same at mine.
I'm probably a fool, but I simply can't see the point of quitting work for 3 min. and so making less money.
why not work 3 min longer (no one gone die because those 3 min.) and make a little donation...
What!! You where docked 3 minutes pay for the 3 minute silence, something is seriously wrong here, am I in "The hudsucker Proxy"?

Paul
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
christophe
Overbomber

zaltys7 wrote:
christophe wrote:
same at mine.
What!! You where docked 3 minutes pay for the 3 minute silence, something is seriously wrong here, am I in "The hudsucker Proxy"?

Paul
no no.
but if we all have 3 min silence, (and don't do anything) we arn't producing/making money for the company. ....
Another Shade of You.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

christophe wrote:if we all have 3 min silence, (and don't do anything) we arn't producing/making money for the company. ....
where the hell do you work? the nineteenth century?
zaltys7

Ahhh I understand now Christophe. Well kind of, when the company I work for looses money (server goes down etc) I rub my hands with glee and laugh maniacly.

Paul
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

We don't do anything, and STILL earn money. Frankly, our clients are priviliged that we deign to turn up...

Zalty's lucky...if the server goes down, so does my 'net access. This is officially not good.
christophe
Overbomber

RicheyJames wrote:
christophe wrote:if we all have 3 min silence, (and don't do anything) we arn't producing/making money for the company. ....
where the hell do you work? the nineteenth century?
:roll: sometimes I wonder myself.
Another Shade of You.
zaltys7

timsinister wrote:We don't do anything, and STILL earn money. Frankly, our clients are priviliged that we deign to turn up...

Zalty's lucky...if the server goes down, so does my 'net access. This is officially not good.
Different server.

Paul