So....?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Thea
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
nigel d wrote:if you go to the b day bash youll need a very long extension lead then......
See attached photo of last HL party ...
Thanks to JB for the image and joke.
you could've at least photoshopped a few "forum thing" shirts on :roll:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I wear my social rejection with pride, thankyousoverymuch.

Yes, a LAN party is always centered around the playing of a game, usually Counterstrike (of Halflife fame, the other famous HL) or similar simple first-person-shooter.

The idea of us all not being able to talk without the reassuring presence of spellchecker is too terrifying to consider.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i spent this morning doing a very hard maths test thing...

but i did pass my assignment, which was a nightmare to do
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

well done em....

black and white would be a good candidate for a LAN thing then.
you could actually hear the screams of frustration as your giant cow has got one over your opponents tiger ( in the best sense of the phrase)
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
Francis
Overbomber

timsinister wrote:Aye. Basically, you bring your computer into a large room, connect it with cables (or wi/fi if yoor posh like) to other computers to form a network. It's called a LOCAL Area Network because you're geographically close to each other. Conversely, the Internet is a WIDE Area Network - WAN - because it's spread across the entire planet.

Kapeesh?
Please wait until I start dribbling before you patronise me sonny.
markfiend wrote:Aye we Kapeesh :lol: we were just wondering why the hell someone would have a LAN party :?:
Like the cat said.
zaltys7 wrote:Do they play online computer games which at a stretch is semi understandable?
I thought that was called "working in tech support".
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Not aimed specially at you, Francis. As for 'tech support', any office of a minimum of five people will find one 'pursuing personal interests.'

As I am right now, infact. Aha.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

timsinister wrote:Aye. Basically, you bring your computer into a large room, connect it with cables (or wi/fi if yoor posh like) to other computers to form a network. It's called a LOCAL Area Network because you're geographically close to each other. Conversely, the Internet is a WIDE Area Network - WAN - because it's spread across the entire planet.

Kapeesh?
I don't want to be geeky but....

oh to hell with it I do - the internet is not a network (LAN or WAN) but a way of connecting networks (LANS, WANs and even single PCs) together - hence the name: inter-net

I'll get my anorak...
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:

oh to hell with it I do - the internet is not a network (LAN or WAN) but a way of connecting networks (LANS, WANs and even single PCs) together - hence the name: inter-net

I'll get my anorak...
All I know is that I can get pr0n, films and music for free...don't really care how it works. :wink:
24.24.2.489 Deceased
rian
Slight Overbomber

CellThree wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:

I'll get my anorak...
All I know is that I can get pr0n, films and music for free...don't really care how it works. :wink:
:lol:

:oops:
I think someone set my soul alight
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Well said Laz - I'll get my coat! :oops:
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

mind the door doesn't hit you on the arse on your way out
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

:lol:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Interesting answers:

1) You have LAN parties because there's nothing else to do, and it's an excuse to get out the house, see 7 of your friends, and still spend all night on the computer like I like to do anyway. Also, they provide free high-caffiene drinks.
2) Going round to friends' and playing records loudly doesn't really work. I put on a song and at least 3 people tell me to either turn it off of put on headphones. They don't like Jihad, Blue Monday or Sister Ray, or anything else I'd play.
3) We could just talk to each other, or watch TV or something, but if we all have the same computer games, and some of us are on 56k, it just means it's easier to play together.
4) I had a toal of 3 hours of sleep. At 1pm the following day. And I was on Heartland whilst loading games, praying for something interesting to take my mind off the lack of food.

Anything else?
James Blast
Banned

It were all fields round 'ere, I'nt my day
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

@ Dark: I get it now. [Trying desparately not to seem patronising] I keep forgetting you're so young. No nights on the p*ss for you I guess! :lol:

You need to find some friends with decent taste in music. Like us lot.

Failing that, just hold the stereo system hostage. :twisted:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell