VOIP - Skype

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
lucretia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I know there is a Skype thread somewhere but I'm buggered if I can find it at the moment.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/01/10 ... ro_telcos/

Hallucienate - do you think this is going to be the case with Telkom - have you heard any rumblings?
one day at a time
hallucienate
Overbomber

lucretia wrote:Hallucienate - do you think this is going to be the case with Telkom - have you heard any rumblings?
I don't think Telkom are cross subsidising anything, but I doubt that'll stop them from using this as an excuse to charge more. With their annual increase this month the did however cut the costs of international calls but still hike up the local call costs. Bastards.
hallucienate
Overbomber

oh, and "clicky"
lucretia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

hallucienate wrote:oh, and "clicky"

" Telkom is set to benefit handsomely in the short term ..."

Short term being the big point, I think. If what is going on in Europe is anything to go by. Interesting times.
one day at a time