Queen is touring again!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
christophe
Overbomber

I always regretted I never had a chance to see them live, so maybe this is my chance, but I’m afraid this guy Paul Rodgers will never be able to deliver a show that can compare to Freddie Mercury’s
Any thoughts on the subjects?

clicky
Another Shade of You.
Thea
Overbomber

Paul Rodgers? As in Free/Bad Company?
That's just wrong :|
rian
Slight Overbomber

Don't go, save your money for something better.
I think someone set my soul alight
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

My first ever gig ever at the Phillipshalle, Dusseldorf, early '77 on the Night At The Opera tour and of course promoting Bohemian Rhrapsody. :notworthy:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
christophe
Overbomber

JB wrote:My first ever gig ever at the Phillipshalle, Dusseldorf, early '77 on the Night At The Opera tour and of course promoting Bohemian Rhrapsody. :notworthy:
are you that old? :eek:
flees away before 80% of the HL members tries to hunt me down

I only wish I could have been there back then,
just find out the price of a ticket, between 69 and 44 euro :?
Another Shade of You.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Wringing as much money as possible out of a bunch of ancient pomp-rock anthems, with a totally different lineup from the original band....

THAT'S DISGRACEFUL!!! :von: :lol: :innocent:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
rian
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote:Wringing as much money as possible out of a bunch of ancient pomp-rock anthems, with a totally different lineup from the original band....

THAT'S DISGRACEFUL!!! :von: :lol: :innocent:
But, it sounds familiar.....

:innocent:
I think someone set my soul alight
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I saw the man from Free singing for Queen on some horrible Hall of Fame awards thing on tv about a month ago and it was a bit karaoke-like to be honest. I don't know if they even have the original bass player either do they? I didn't recognise him.
Francis
Overbomber

Queen without Freddie? I don't think so. Radio Ga Ga. :roll:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Marc
Road Kill

Francis wrote:Queen without Freddie? I don't think so. Radio Ga Ga. :roll:
It's the same as TSOM without Eldritch! :innocent:
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

It's the same as TSOM without Eldritch!
The Queenhood?
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

christophe wrote:
JB wrote:My first ever gig ever at the Phillipshalle, Dusseldorf, early '77 on the Night At The Opera tour and of course promoting Bohemian Rhrapsody. :notworthy:
are you that old? :eek:
Yes, I was 15 at the time. :innocent: :urff:
christophe wrote:flees away before 80% of the HL members tries to hunt me down
Don't worry, we know where you live. :von:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:I saw the man from Free singing for Queen on some horrible Hall of Fame awards thing on tv about a month ago and it was a bit karaoke-like to be honest. I don't know if they even have the original bass player either do they? I didn't recognise him.
John Deacon was the bass player, (Good quiz question that, nobody ever knows)

He wasn't with Queen when they did the concert for the Golden Jubilee a few years ago. Queen seams to consist of just May and Taylor these days.

Out of all the replacement singers tried, I think George Michael did the best job, at the tribute show.
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
pikkrong
Overbomber

Ed Rhombus wrote:
Out of all the replacement singers tried, I think George Michael did the best job, at the tribute show.
Do you mean that show very soon after Mercury's death where Hetfield seemed so helpless without guitar? :twisted:
Annie Lennox was good, wasn't she? :notworthy:
Maybe she could replase Freddie? :wink: :lol:
James Blast
Banned

Ahem! I saw Queen as a support band (good that's woken up JB) Glasgow Apollo, 1972, Mott The Hoople headlined. Never saw Free, more's the pity (damn fine band).

So, Heartlanders, what should this incarnation of Free meets Queen be called?

Freen?
Queef?
:eek:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
hallucienate
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Ahem! I saw Queen as a support band (good that's woken up JB) Glasgow Apollo, 1972, Mott The Hoople headlined. Never saw Free, more's the pity (damn fine band).

So, Heartlanders, what should this incarnation of Free meets Queen be called?

Freen?
Queef?
:eek:
how about Disrespectful?
christophe
Overbomber

we decided to go see them/it , for 54 €

can someone recomend a DVD of the original band?
there are a couple out but I don't wan't to waste time/money on bad one's
Another Shade of You.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Ed Rhombus wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:I saw the man from Free singing for Queen on some horrible Hall of Fame awards thing on tv about a month ago and it was a bit karaoke-like to be honest. I don't know if they even have the original bass player either do they? I didn't recognise him.
John Deacon was the bass player, (Good quiz question that, nobody ever knows)
Funny you said that we were talking about Queen at work the other day and my boss tried to name them all and the only member whose name we couldn't think of was his! :lol: :lol: I had to look it up on t'internet and text him later that day!
Francis
Overbomber

Marc wrote:
Francis wrote:Queen without Freddie? I don't think so. Radio Ga Ga. :roll:
It's the same as TSOM without Eldritch! :innocent:
Not exactly. More like Zeppelin without Bonham.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

pikkrong wrote:
Ed Rhombus wrote:
Do you mean that show very soon after Mercury's death where Hetfield seemed so helpless without guitar? :twisted:
:eek: As in James Hetfield?...

Singing a Queen song???

Eh???

Without a guitar???

You lie!

Mind you, Kirk's hair has resembled Brian May's in the past, and the more I think about it, the more I can see that Lars and Roger Taylor were separated at birth! ;D :innocent:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
pikkrong
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
pikkrong wrote:
Ed Rhombus wrote:
:eek: As in James Hetfield?...

Singing a Queen song???

Eh???

Without a guitar???

You lie!

Mind you, Kirk's hair has resembled Brian May's in the past, and the more I think about it, the more I can see that Lars and Roger Taylor were separated at birth! ;D :innocent:
No, I don't lie. Don't believe our young friend Dark
( http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 6&start=25 ) :wink:
Hetfield performed Stone Cold Crazy. He had no guitar and had no idea what to do with his hands :twisted:
But the similarity between Ulrich and (Queen's) Taylor has crossed me mind too :)
Francis
Overbomber

Ed Rhombus wrote:John Deacon was the bass player, (Good quiz question that, nobody ever knows)
John Deacon was the canine's testiculars because:

a) He saw the light and got his hair cut short and rejected the Lionels well before his comrades.

b) He worked the bass line to Another One Bites The Dust. :notworthy:

Do you get my drift? He saw the future, and it wasn't fncking garlic bread.

Memory Lane. Wiltshire.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Francis wrote:
Ed Rhombus wrote:John Deacon was the canine's testiculars because:

a) He saw the light and got his hair cut short and rejected the Lionels well before his comrades.

b) He worked the bass line to Another One Bites The Dust. :notworthy:
And, he seems to have decided not to go along with the recent "revival" of the band. I'm not Queen's greatest fan but they did have some great moments. My sister (jammy cow) got to see them in 75 or so. Their tour dates had been arranged just before they released Bohemian Rhapsody so every venue they played was sold out with people camping outside.

Killer Queen - stunning song :notworthy:

Bohemian Rhapsody - another great song but overplaying has sadly stopped it from being "notworthy".

Somebody To Love - another stunning song. After Freddie's death, George Michael managed to do the undoeable and carry off a great version.

Bicycle Race - even after airbrushing knickers onto the cover of the single, my mother still said it was "disgusting". :D

I Want To Break Free -a John Deacon composition with a great video featuring the band dressed in drag. Best bits being Freddie hoovering in synch and John Deacon looking a bit too convincing as a teenager in mini-skirt and ankle socks. A bonus being the video pissed off the American far right, or even not-so-far right. :notworthy:

Innuendo. The greatest song they did :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

As for Paul Rodgers' contribution, Free and Bad Company good bands in their own right. I suppose he's in pretty good nick for his age but I can't really take to him being part of Queen.

Andrew
Francis
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:I'm not Queen's greatest fan
.. but you seem to have an awful lot to say about them. :wink:

I was (and I guess still am) a huge Queen fan at least up until that sh!te Flash Gordan album. I might be an old coffin dodger, but I can't see how anyone could make such an impression today as Bohemian Rhapsody did on TOTP. We all tuned in @ 7:30 on a Thursday night didn't we? And wowed about it at school the next day. Now there's so many music channels 24/7 on TV and even more on t'internet. Dunno, maybe our younger members can still sort the wheat from the chaff.

Pass the dutchie...

Edit: Bollocky bollox drunken fingers...
Francis
Overbomber

BTW that avatar of yours has me thinking that the whole goth thing was just a reaction to the black and white minstrels.

I'm afraid you're gonna have to put up with a few more hours of this cos I've still a few bottles and cancer sticks to get through yet.

LISTEN UP AT THE BACK FFS! :lol: