Favourite Bowie album

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.

Well?

Space Oddity
13%
The Man Who Sold The World
No votes
Hunky Dory
20%
Ziggy Stardust
40%
Aladdin Sane
7%
Scary Monsters
20%
Let's Dance
No votes

Total votes: 15
Francis
Overbomber

Burn wrote:scary monsters
Side one is superb. Not so keen on side two though.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

For a perfectly formed, ageless album that you don't listen to for five years (no pun intened) but when you do, you still remember all the lyrics, then it has to be Ziggy. :von: 8)
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
wintermute
Amphetamine Filth

JB wrote:For a perfectly formed, ageless album that you don't listen to for five years (no pun intened) but when you do, you still remember all the lyrics, then it has to be Ziggy. :von: 8)
actually, i was going to say exactly the same about space oddity. they played cygnet committee on the radio recently and i was happily singing along until i realised i hadn't heard the album for about 15 years (since CDs took over from vinyl for day to day use). went straight out and bought SO to play all over again. god i'm getting old

it was a hard call against hunky dory though, first real album i ever bought (monster mash not included) and the same comment about songs that stick in your memory for years.
then he takes your hand in some strange californian handshake and breaks the bone
Andie
Overbomber

Francis wrote:
Burn wrote:scary monsters
Side one is superb. Not so keen on side two though.
side one is excellent...agreed...but side two has some serious quality moments in it as well
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Rivers
Amphetamine Filth

Its got to be Heroes for me, its way ahead of its time and I love the eerie instrumentals.
And we are nothing but experience in the eyes of nature,
And we will live forever in the eyes of nature.
James Blast
Banned

he's made so many crackin' albums, very hard to choose
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
rian
Slight Overbomber

Ziggy for me, followed by Space...

Just a question. Is it true that The Clach wrote the song This is England after Bowie made This is not America, just to make fun of Bowie?
I think someone set my soul alight
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I dunno. I believe that Nick Lowe made an album called Bowi as a riposte to Low :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

markfiend wrote:I dunno. I believe that Nick Lowe made an album called Bowi as a riposte to Low :lol:
an ep. which featured I Love The Sound Of Breaking Glass 8) :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

there are only two possibilities, and both aren't in the poll :(
outside and low, of course....
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....