happy most miserable day of the year!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Thea
Overbomber

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4187183.stm

January has been long regarded as the darkest of months, but a formula from a part-time tutor at Cardiff University shows it gets even worse this Monday.

Foul weather, debt, fading Christmas memories, failed resolutions and a lack of motivation conspire to depress, Cliff Arnalls found.

also:

The formula for the day of misery reads 1/8W+(D-d) 3/8xTQ MxNA.

Where W is weather, D is debt - minus the money (d) due on January's pay day - and T is the time since Christmas.

Q is the period since the failure to quit a bad habit, M stands for general motivational levels and NA is the need to take action and do something about it.
James Blast
Banned

wondered why I was in such a good mood today
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

Yep, had a crap day today at work, I only managed to demand (with menaces :twisted: ) about a £1,000 :|
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
boudicca
Sister Midnight

I can honestly say I'm fine. Spring is almost upon us - I know this because I saw some pigeons getting jiggy in my back garden yeasterday. :eek:

Well alright they were just chasing each other but you could see what they were up to! :wink:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Today was no worse than usual and that's saying summat for my life at the moment :|
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i spent the whole day doing physics, then we had an extra session on interview technique practice.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
James Blast
Banned

emilystrange wrote:i spent the whole day doing physics, then we had an extra session on interview technique practice.
now that is what I call terrifying!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

yes... it was...
and i still have no idea about physics, not really. 5 yr old don't need to know tricky stuff tho.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:physics
:urff:
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Big Si wrote:Yep, had a crap day today at work, I only managed to demand (with menaces :twisted: ) about a £1,000 :|
Given up on the call centre work and doing a spot of granny mugging? :wink:
24.24.2.489 Deceased
rian
Slight Overbomber

Just like any Monday, really.

Wasn't much better today though :?

Is it only me who's broke this time a year? My business goes down abit in December, and Januari is as bad, so all the savings are gone now. Have to pay my bills tomorrow. Wonder if I can pay in natura :innocent:
I think someone set my soul alight
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Today was s**t. Does that count?
Only a paand.
rian
Slight Overbomber

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:Today was s**t. Does that count?
Of course it counts. :(
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:Today was s**t. Does that count?
Likewise.

:|
анархия
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

rian wrote: Is it only me who's broke this time a year?
Nope! I haven't been paid for 6 weeks...we get paid early to help out with extra money for Christmas which is helpful I suppose but then we don't get anything for AGES! Get paid tomorrow though! :D
James Blast
Banned

yesterday was great, I was full of vigour, vim, spunk etc.
today was boresville.... had to surf the web and read my book to stop from falling asleep
~ Peter Steele
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:had to surf the web and read my book
At work? :?
James Blast
Banned

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
James Blast wrote:had to surf the web and read my book
At work? :?
I couldn't possibly comment :roll:
~ Peter Steele
rian
Slight Overbomber

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:
rian wrote: Is it only me who's broke this time a year?
Nope! I haven't been paid for 6 weeks...we get paid early to help out with extra money for Christmas which is helpful I suppose but then we don't get anything for AGES! Get paid tomorrow though! :D
And now the money is gone?

:innocent: